When to do number 2?

Hi @tessa
Your thread title made me giggle this morning.
Answer is... Soon as Possible ( with hip #2 or any #2)
:rotfl:

Sorry...feeling 12 today.:wink:

Hi @tessa: I had my right hip done on 7/15 and am having my left hip done 8 weeks post that, which will be on 9/9. Like ahipgma, I am having both done so close together based on a financial standpoint with my health insurance; that both hips are/were equally bad when it comes to pain; and that my OS, who is the director of the hospital's total joint replacement program and came extremely highly recommended by my PCP and hospital staff, won't do bilateral surgeries unless one is wheelchair bound.

That said, I think you are being very smart and proactive to get Surgery #2 done between both weddings. I wish you all the best in your recovery!

All confirmed, op on 19th November at 12.30!
Just got to fit the pre op appointments around wedding preparations.
Also treated myself to another grabber, can have one upstairs and one downstairs!

Wedding all over and was lovely!
Have had my pre op and started to get the house ready. Physio and final bloods on Monday ...all Systems go!

All the best, dear @tessa :loveshwr:

I am all ready for Tuesday.
However, strangely my left hip has started to play up again. I have started to get some groin and thigh pain again, nothing awful and I am sure it is muscular...any ideas?

What kind of preparations have you been making for your recovery? Perhaps you did too much and that left hip is now complaining. Lifted anything heavy, pushed and furniture or up and down a ladder?

That what I have been thinking, although I can’t think of anything. I do think that my left hip is taking more of a strain as my right deteriorates so I am sure that plays a part. Just a bit worried as I know that I will be relying on it over the next weeks !!

You are walking all wrong trying to stay off that right hip. Lefty may indeed be taking the strain. Try and limit your activity in the run up to your surgery. In my experience your left hip won't let you down. You will be delighted when both hips are done!

Wanted to stop by and wish you good luck tomorrow with surgery! Hopefully you get an early slot, it goes quick and easy, and your back in your room in time for lunch!
:friends:

Well everything is ready! Bag packed and freezer filled!
Op is at 1.30 so dont have to leave home till 11.45, I bet the morning will drag!

Wishing you the best @tessa. I never could fall asleep the night prior to my surgeries, that is not until one hour before my alarm went off! (4 am)
Just maybe you will be able to sleep in a bit. Well, here's hoping!

Sending healing hugs in advance @tessa :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
Last one and done...

Well everything is ready! Bag packed and freezer filled!
Op is at 1.30 so don't have to leave home till 11.45, I bet the morning will drag!

I'm wishing you the very best tomorrow for a successful surgery and a complete and rapid healing. :goodpost:

You actually kind of answered a question I had about the spacing between hip surgeries. I actually have avascular necrosis (AVN) and I found out that both hips are pretty much "toast." I had my first hip (left) on 09/14/19 and it was frustrating for me to have to "decide" which hip hurt more. I finally decided to have the left done first because of the issue of driving with a manual transmission, although the pain is pretty much the same in both hips.

My OS is "extremely" conservative and won't do both hips at once and likes to wait 90 days in-between surgeries. I'm going to my OS for a "discussion" (again) on Wednesday. In my opinion, rather than a set "time-frame" I think decisions should be made on the health of the patient, level of pain, etc...

Wishing you all the best tomorrow, tessa.
Will see you on the flip side soon and look forward to following your recovery journey.
Sending a hug and wishes for your comfort. :)
@tessa

Well I slept surprisingly well. Have had breakfast and carb drinks and showered...just relaxing before the short trip to hospital at 12.00
see you on the other side!

I'll be looking for you @tessa
You're going to do great!!!!
Bye bye hip pain:friends:

Best wishes for surgery and a smooth recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back