Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

When the world stopped.....

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
Although we hear stories of people who still aren't taking the pandemic seriously, these images from around the world show that millions of people are heeding the warnings and staying home. We will never see the whole world this way again and these photos are something to see all together and realize the impact of this virus on the whole world.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
:goodpost: @Jamie, this is absolutely amazing! This really drove home the seriousness.
Also while sitting here in my home I now feel like I got out and traveled a bit.
I hope we get more of this sort of posts here.. very helpful

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
I agree, CricketHip. Sitting at home, even watching television and seeing some images now and then doesn't really capture the magnitude of what is happening to the world. I felt the same way seeing all these photos from places that are normally full of life and activity. It's sobering and shows how seriously everyone is taking the warnings to stay home.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's sobering and shows how seriously everyone is taking the warnings to stay home.
I wish this was the case. We are having major problems with tourists coming to our coastal area despite the travel ban. The weather is glorious and everyone is flocking to the beaches. It's dangerous and totally risky! What part of stay at home don't you understand?

sistersinhim

Country
We're having the problem at our beaches in Virginia, too, Jaycey. The governor says if it happens again this weekend, he's closing all the beaches. It's a shame with a few bad people can ruin it for all the others.

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
That is too bad. I just don't understand people sometimes. They must never look at the news.

sistersinhim

Country
I think the younger people believed that it's an old-person disease, so they blew off the restrictions and warnings. The majority of our cases now are under 60. What a shame. I pray they have better sense this weekend. This is true for the whole world.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
The attitude seems to be if other people are not sticking to the restrictions, why should I? For every person that ventures out - more will die and we will be in lockdown for weeks.

RICBAK1

graduate
Country
Sorry to say my 2 nieces are nurses my son in law a fire officer one nephew ambulance driver,and they cannot believe what some people are doing.They are calling emergency services saying they need help due to heart problems or breathing,also saying house on fire then when ambulance or fire engine turns up ,they ask if they can have a covid 19 test.This is usually older people ,I am afraid there is not a lot of hope out there,they are getting to the point when someone is going to turn on a caller one day.

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
People are afraid and I think most of us don't have a clue about the realities of a pandemic in general or this particular virus in particular. So, I think you'll see a lot of crazy behavior out there. In the end, we can only be responsible for ourselves and take all the precautions necessary for ourselves and our family until it passes. It will pass. But I agree with Jaycey that the whole thing will take longer the more people who just blow it off or do stupid things like reporting an emergency just to try and get a test. Having the test if you haven't been exposed to someone who has it or you don't have any symptoms is silly. You could test negative today and come down with it a couple of days later. The test only shows the results of that particular day.

Sara61

Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
It will be interesting to see how Denmark will progress, they opened the creches and kiddies schools today, and are slowly getting back to normal.
We ( Portugal) face another two weeks of lockdown although they are going to let our construction workers return to work, we have also been told that from now on for the unforeseeable future we will have to wear a mask in any enclosed space (shops etc etc)and maintain social distancing as Jamie said scary times as our economy is suffering.

RICBAK1

graduate
Country
I would rather stay in longer than end social distancing too early economies can be rebuilt lives cannot, I have a daughter and grand kids I would rather keep the world safe for

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Well the UK is in for another 3 weeks of lockdown - maybe longer. For me this is a relief as rushing into lifting the directive could mean we experience another round of this horrid virus.

RICBAK1

graduate
Country
Yes 3 weeks can be a long time but lets try and get rid of this virus,I feel sorry for those in America who is paying for there medical bills

KL Rio Verde

Country
People are afraid and I think most of us don't have a clue about the realities of a pandemic in general or this particular virus in particular. So, I think you'll see a lot of crazy behavior out there. In the end, we can only be responsible for ourselves and take all the precautions necessary for ourselves and our family until it passes. It will pass. But I agree with Jaycey that the whole thing will take longer the more people who just blow it off or do stupid things like reporting an emergency just to try and get a test. Having the test if you haven't been exposed to someone who has it or you don't have any symptoms is silly. You could test negative today and come down with it a couple of days later. The test only shows the results of that particular day.
When I went in for my pre-op testing at the hospital I was given a COVID-19 test.... negative...... but it was two weeks before my surgery! I could have been exposed any day after that. (I self-isolated so I’d be healthy, but they didn’t ask me to.) Then they didn’t test on the day of surgery..... I guess they just figure it improves the chances you won’t walk in with the virus....We REALLY NEED a rapid test!

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Interesting accounting of your experience.....I agree with you that their effort at COVID testing seems to fall a bit short. Many hospitals are doing the testing 2 weeks prior to surgery, but then ask that you isolate.

I have heard stories on the news about a new saliva test developed in Australia that sounds promising.

RICBAK1

graduate
Country
They keep saying hospitals in UK are short of ppe i have been to have heart monitor fitted for a week test,the only person there wearing a mask was me,felt a bit let down now inUK they have to wear ppe in hospital.My wife went to DRI today and still not all staff wearing masks same in shops in UK,you have to look after yourself afraid this is not going away anytime soon.You social distance then there is a protest or rally and social distance goes out the window we are fools to ourselves i am afraid

RICBAK1

graduate
Country
Still no sign of hospitals doing operations yet asked my doctor using phone call appointment if i could have a steroid injection in knee because cannot have tkr till i have operation by hospital dentist first which is also cancelled.I was told injections are to risky as well due to CO VID but can have cocodomol instead.So will wait a bit longer on good side in1 week we can get caravan out and go to other end of country to see my grandkids and daughter,hope there is no more lockdowns here.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LauraP2016
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom