What one tip would you offer TKR patients?

• If it hurts, don't do it.
  • Don't expect a fast recovery. It will be more like a marathon than a sprint.
  • It's not exercising that gets you your ROM - it's time. Time to recover, time for swelling and pain to settle, and time to heal. Your ROM is there right from the start, just waiting for all that to happen, so it can show itself.

Ice ice baby. It becomes your very best friend. An ice machine (such as polar ice or donjoy iceman) is even better. I borrowed two - one downstairs by my recliner and one in our bedroom. My family has been making sure they are always full for almost six weeks now.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Track when you take your pain meds. I use a phone app that is a clock. I take a screen shot each time I take a pain pill. So if I take 2 pills, 2 screen shots. Then I can go to my photos and refer back to how many and what time I took my medication. I also take screen shots of when ice goes on, so I can keep up with how much I ice.

It's your knee not the therapist's or the surgeon's. Don't be pressured to get ROM when you hurt.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom