Lounge Doctor

What has been the worst part of COVID for you?

What has been the worse part of COVID for you? (select up to 3 responses)

• I gained weight

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • I drank more alcohol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've had to move out of my home

• My overall health has become worse

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I'm experiencing a lot more family stress

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I lost one or more loved ones or friends

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I've become depressed or my existing depression worsened

• My family has experienced job loss

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Getting adequate food has become difficult

• COVID really hasn't had much impact on me

• Total voters

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
Complete the poll above and put any additional comments in posts below.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
This was a hard one as none of the above specifically applies to me. I chose experiencing more family stress because I see stress my other family members are under and it stresses me.
Isolation for older members has really affected their mental and physical health.
I see firsthand the struggles related to job losses and lack of food resources as I manage a food bank....so I'm rediculously busier than ever and my pool of young heavy lifters is small due to the propensity of young folks to be less Covid careful.

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
A bit like Mojo, other than we are probably drinking more than we should, as my husband often works from home so I'm cooking more larger meals & a weight gain as due to Covid we are restricted in our outdoor activities (a feeble excuse :heehee: ) but on the whole as we live isolated we haven't as yet felt any real impact. Although I hear first hand ( my best friend is a nurse in a large hospital) and the reality of Covid is very scary, which in turn leads to higher level of anxiety, especially having my daughter living in such a high risk area with the new variant.

Celle

MODERATOR EMERITIUS
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
My surgery was postponed.
I couldn't travel to see my daughter, who lives in another country.

Roy Gardiner

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmm, for me 'none of the above' really. The big thing for us is being unable to eat out - but we can get a large variety of stuff delivered and our wine is supermarket price £10 rather than restaurant £25+, so saving money.

For me personally, the closure of the London Velodrome has had major impact, I'm there as often as possible during the winter 3- 4 times a week. Another £50-£70 a week saved :) :-) (:

SusieShoes

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I’ve been affected profoundly... and also not at all.

I am an author, so work from home anyway, and submit/edit/promote my work electronically. Not much change there. For exercise I walk Penny the poodle. Mr. Shoes is a lawyer who, yep, has been working from home too. For a whole year. We’re calling it our test run for retirement.

But I have lost family to COVID. Quite a few cousins have been ill and some are suffering serious after-effects of the disease, not to mention things like job losses and business losses. My sister just lost her husband. She’s devastated. I didn’t attend the funeral, which would have meant flying and staying at a hotel, etc., so now I feel guilty about that, too.

Celle

MODERATOR EMERITIUS
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have missed seeing my daughter and her family in person. They live in England and we live in NZ.
In normal times, we visit them every year, but it will be at least two years before we see them again.

Our granddaughter was six when I last hugged her. She is eight now.

Although we see each other on Skype, which is a blessing, it isn't the same. I miss real-life hugs.

Jeanienewknee

Country
I lost my brother on December 17 due to cardiovascular complications from Covid. He was healthy, practicing clinical psychologist, and a fabulous musician. A week later we lost our beloved 15 yr old dog and my husband and I contracted Covid. My knee replacement was postponed, as my doc wants 6 weeks from complete resolution of symptoms. We stayed home, only groceries once per week, wiping down everything, and still it found us. I’m still processing grief.

_Annie_

Country
I’ve not been able to travel to see my out-of-state children and grandchildren. We have not had family reunions and gatherings in 2020. No Easter, no Thanksgiving and a zoom Christmas. It’s been a lonely year. But I managed to get both knees replaced and am pain free - that recovery is going well. And my husband and I have avoided COVID so far. My husband has had both Pfizer shots and I have had my first one, due for the 2nd one next week . So things are looking up and do have things to be thankful for. I lost an uncle and a cousin to COVID this summer, also a friend lost her husband to COVID.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
KED
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom