Lounge Doctor

What are some positives that have come out of the pandemic?

What are some positives that have come out of the pandemic? (select up to 3 responses)

• I've learned how strong and resourceful my family and I are

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • we've been spending less

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I'm closer to my family than ever before

• I didn't mind having a joint replaced because I wasn't going anywhere anyway

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I have been able to work from home during the past year

• my house is the cleanest its ever been

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • we completed home projects that have been languishing for years

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm living a healthier lifestyle (food and exercise)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I've spent more time on BoneSmart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
Complete the poll above and put any additional comments in posts below.

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
One thing positive for me is that I've had more interactions with my neighbors than ever before. Through the spring, summer and fall people were taking more walks through the neighborhood and would stop to talk (socially distanced, of course). I hope that continues. I'd see whole families out walking. I've lived here over 35 years and NEVER have seen that!

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I'm so grateful that I've been able to work from home during all of this. My firm still hasn't reopened but isn't feeling any pressure to do so because everyone has been able to be productive at home. While I miss the personal interactions, it has shown senior management that people really can work from home successfully. Now that I have a great home office set up, I'm planning to continue to work from home a couple of days a week when the office reopens - and don't expect it to be problematic like it would have been before.

drmom5

Country
I found out I didn't need a hip replacement. I just needed to spend less time in the car and more time in my massage chair!

Socially, we pushed people into the 21st Century. We found out we don't need brick and mortar offices for almost everything. Even if more superficially, we reconnected with distant friends and relatives. We helped the environment by using less fuel.

We found out how little the plutocrats/politicians care about us and our needs. Seeds for a revolution.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I've found my new hips have all the stamina and strength I had hoped to have after BTHR as our organization has gone to curbside pickups.
Not too old to be a carhop apparently:heehee:

sistersinhim

Country
That worship is available online has been a God-send to me. I can sit is my recliner and praise God with millions all over the world.

djklaugh

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I am grateful for my previous employer and Social Security and the annuity I set up with $$$ from Dad's estate. Being retired and have enough $$$ has been a real blessing. My heart goes out to all those who have lost jobs and are struggling to provide for themselves and their families. I give as much as I can to local and national charities but that's a tiny drop in a huge bucket.

PegGar16

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I have been lucky enough to work from home for the last 5 years so there were no changes to my income. My husband and I are pretty much home bodies unless we are out in the RV so the social life just changed a little. My kids and grandson have all been part of our "safe bubble". They have been extra careful because my husband is in the high risk category----I never realized how much running around he did until I had to do it all...lol.

My communication with the family back east has gotten so much better! We are a close knit family but I feel this has gotten us even closer. We have been using the "House Party" app almost every day. It is almost scheduled Mon - Fri when my sister in Massachusetts gets off work and turns on the app while she is driving home. We are dealing with a time change which is 2 hours now. My brother in Florida will pop on along with my mother who is in Florida also (2 hours away). Occasionally some of the siblings and nieces/nephews will join us. It usually lasts about 1/2 hour. I also like to chat with my sister and friends on the weekend with a nice wine :)

Tykey

big-cheese
I've learnt how neighbours are far more supportive and friendly than they were, even Yorkshire folk who were already that way inclined!

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Equestrian40
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Top Bottom