• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

What, a Pain in the Butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanamac

big-cheese
Country
United States United States
:sct: Hi all! As soon as I got out of bed today I started to feel this different dull, achy pain above my butt, in the back, on my operated side but below my waist, about half way up (or down). I know there's all kinds of healing etc. going on but wondered what this might be. If I push into it I definately can feel bone (pelvic/hip?). Anyone else ever have it here? I almost always feel pain in the front groin/pelvic area (not bad, but enough to let me know) but I'm kind of used to that now as the fracture in my femur is on the inside at the top where the implant goes into the bone. Just curious. Otherwise, all is well.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
I'm sure hippies will join in, but I do recall this being a fairly common area for pain following surgery. You have some extra healing going on in there, so recovery may be a little slower for you. But you'll get there, hon!!!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is the pain in the gluts area? I have that feeling almost all the time since my op. They play around with the gluts and the whole area is traumatized. Don't worry - I am sure others will agree this is normal.

I also have lower back pain that has been aggrevated by my hip surgery. Things are adjusting to new ways of walking and sitting. Give it a little time. Does ice help?

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It is a common complaint. I wish I'd had a quid for every time a thread's been posted about it! :whis:

Mudpro

graduate
Country
One word: MASSAGE!

Or maybe it was just having a pretty girl rubbing my gluts, either way it works wonders. :thmb:

OP
OP
nanamac

nanamac

big-cheese
Country
Thanks everyone. I'm not bothered by it, just curious. I'm so tired of icing all the time. Between that and my hubby wanting the A/C on I'm FREEZING most of the time. I think I'm getting to the poor me/frustrated stage (have I ever not been there?). If it weren't for this web site I don't know what I'd be doing with myself.:cry: actually I NEED TO LEARN TO TAKE BABY STEPS! I know you are right Jamie. Thanks for letting me vent.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Venting is ALWAYS allowed here......we BoneSmarties consider ourselves to be very, very "Ventworthy" folks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Leec
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom