THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

Read your report and sounds like the doc is really impressed with hip too.:)
Gee. Antalgic limp, according to Google:
Antalgic gait is a limp that develops in response to pain, often in the foot, knee, or hip. It is the most common type of limp people can have.

I had one of those:sorry:...or two?:scratch:

Thanks Mojo! Sounds about right... The rest remains a mystery.. yes he’s very pleased with his hip work... hope he is as good with knees [emoji849][emoji23]
Hope you are having a great weekend lovely lady [emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in hospital in February I saw 2 men hobbling on crutches down the corridor going home the same day as their operation! The nurse or physio said it was the latest policy and for sound reasons (not just to empty beds!) Think she said it was a new procedure. Interesting and encouraging.

Ah ha, I see where you spent £65 on underwear ... my sort of gal! At one point I had about 60 sets (most with 2 pair of panties) but after losing all the weight I had to get rid of some ... but buy MORE! :whistle: There is probably not a colour I don't have. :heehee:

Hope you are feeling better today, as I am. If not, I will send you some of my happiness, warmth and sunshine.

Take care dear Chrissie.
Flowers 1.jpeg Izzy xx

Thanks Izzy
Yes it was quite a good day... so glad you are feeling better.

I’m doing OK... knee is painful when walking but I can cope with it... just bought a knee wedge for sleeping to see if it helps.. also bought a couple of longer silky kaftans in beautiful colours to wear in hospital this time...so my knee will be more accessible ... retail therapy!![emoji23][emoji23]

Have a good week darling.

love Chrissie x[emoji3590][emoji3590]

Loving all your retail therapy Chrissie! My kind of gal to be sure. We move daughter in two days. Over did it yesterday, so sleep is elusive, maybe it’s time to crack my move wine rations. Lol. Not sure if you have left yet to move granddaughter. Either good luck or well done. Thinking of you. @Hoppy Nanny xxxxx ❤️

Hope you are feeling better now Sarah @Fit4Family
after your moving out day!! Glad it all went ok... crack the wine open!!

Well... day before we were due to help Emily all plans changed... where she was moving into was not available until next Saturday now.. couple of references still hadn’t been sorted... so her parents went over with a big van... cleared it out & took her ‘stuff’ home... they said it wasn’t worth us all going to just do part of it! So I was saved all that!
So, I just drank the alcohol instead!

We’ve not had grandkids this week so have been visiting friends that we have not seen since I had my op..getting in before the next one. lovely week.. plenty of beach time.

My hip is just wonderful...only complains still on first start up walking from sitting.. but a few seconds only...amazing!!

My twin sister is booked in for her first THR on 2nd September... same surgeon & hospital as me... (she’s had 2 TKR’s already... one good... one bad![emoji51]). Hoping all goes well for her...

Hoping you are having a great weekend... it’s Bank Holiday Weekend here & the sun is shining brightly... fabulous... going out for walkers around West Dean Gardens & coffee!!

Take care darling & thanks for your support.
love & hugs

Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

My hip is just wonderful...only complains still on first start up walking from sitting.. but a few seconds only...amazing!!
This was the case for me for up to a year...glad it's only on startup which we can deal with, right?
My twin sister is booked in for her first THR on 2nd September... same surgeon & hospital as me
I do hope she does as well as you have, will be sending good vibes.
Hope today is a good day.

Thanks @Mojo333
Yes, I can deal with the start up pain.. no biggie after the pain before the op for sure!!

My sis is called @Bentley’s slave..
knowing you will all look after her for me...on this fab hippie side..

Thanks for your lovely support darling xxx[emoji3590][emoji3590] love Chrissie x

:blush: aw shucks...
:friends:

@Hoppy Nanny I must say that it's very interesting about your twin sister having her THR soon!!
I can relate to the start up stiffness. also! But I've had start up stiffness for so long for a host of reasons and can easily handle that! I'll have to go look up Bank Holiday, enjoy your walkers!! Sounds like a lovely day. Our weekend weather has been pretty fabulous, too. :flwrysmile:

P.S. I'm guessing Bentley is a pet, or her child or husband? :loll:

@CricketHip
A Bank Holiday is what we call a days public holiday in the UK... usually set on a Monday.

Bentley is indeed my sister’s beautiful golden retriever...and as we know... we are all slaves (albeit willingly) to our pets [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Hope you are doing well ...have a great weekend.
Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

Hi, @Hoppy Nanny Is your sister's need for a hip replacement the same as yours (i.e., osteoarthritis) or some other reason? I was told that osteoarthritis is a hereditary "gift" so unsurprising if she needs one, too. I was a bit grumpy when first diagnosed with severe hip osteoarthritis as none of my siblings have this problem and I asked, with a grumble, "why me?" But they all have high blood pressure and I dodged that bullet. You are doing great, and will be as ready as you're able by the time you'll need that knee replacement. I still struggle for a few seconds upon standing and have to sort of balance myself evenly on my hips and then consciously straighten up before taking a step or two. The stiffness does fade usually within a few steps and it truly isn't a big problem. Have a great day!

Hello Chrissie! @Hoppy Nanny

Pretty incredible that your sister is going to the same surgeon. Hope all goes well for her too. Sounds like your hip is playing nice. Good to know start up pain is normal. Feels like tin man syndrome first few steps. Hope your granddaughter is all settled in. Feels good to know they have what they need to succeed!

Hope you have a great week!! Sending xxxxxxxxxxx ❤️ Sarah

Hi @Barbaraj
Yes, twin sis has the same genes as me... bloody awful! OA is firmly fixed on both sides of our family... also we were born very premature, at a very low birthweight.. (i was barely 2lbs)
and my mum didn’t know she was expecting twins..think this has a part to play too.

@Fit4Family
Sarah... I’m so glad my sis Pat is going to same surgeon... he is so lovely & caring as are the nurses & physios.

Today we have been practicing her getting in & out of car & bed (she is hampered by a very stiff knee from a TKR!). With my amazing red slip sheet she is now reassured she can do it easily. She’s on the countdown now!!!

Hope you are doing well now my hippie sis... hope she gets someone lovely, like you, to support her..

love Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]

we were born very premature, at a very low birthweight.. (i was barely 2lbs)

Oh, my dear Chrissie, I was just closing down and read this! :shocked: My word ... teeny weeny dolls. I on the other hand was 10-1/2 lbs and my sister 12 lbs both born natural childbirth. :scare:

Have no fear, the Guardian Angels are here waiting to pamper after your Sis. xx

Sending hugs and kisses.
fairy kisses.jpeg Izzy xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads