THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

What a perfect day and night!!!! So excited to see you celebrate your new life....always bittersweet when a loved one is suffering though...here’s to your next 2 months xox

London is impossible if you're disabled. I used to go down a lot for shows when son was at GSA but even 4 years ago it was very hard work. Especially the Underground. My late daughter in law had a weekend there to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert as a treat from the Willow Foundation (a wonderful charity) and son said how hard it was manoeuvring the wheelchair ( they still had fun though)

Well.... weekend over & I had a good time going on a sheltie walk for 2 hours...I took a chair so I could sit down too but the terrain was very up & down... came home super chuffed with myself. Hip never grumbled once... just kept on going.. so good,

However, I’ve woken up this morning & cannot put my unoperated leg to the floor with such knee pain. I got out of bed in the night & it felt like something went ‘ping’ in my leg
(technical term) but when I got up the pain was awful... not sure what’s going on so Ive heated & iced & rested today & taken paracetamol.

I’m worried as I am going up to London by train tomorrow to meet my granddaughter... might have to take the wheelchair [emoji849].
So disappointed.... thought I wouldn’t need to get that out again for some time.

Oh well.. that’s my moan for today... Chrissie xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ice like a mad woman today @Hoppy Nanny ! That knee might just be complaining about all the up and down yesterday. London is a challenge. I travel there about every 6 weeks - tough even when you don't have mobility issues.

Thanks Jaycey.... I’m almost frozen now [emoji23][emoji23]
I hate going to London but needs must... every 6 weeks sounds like hell to me... thanks for your help x

@Hoppy Nanny I’m so sorry to read about your knee. Darn it!! Hope rest and ice is the ticket. I think we probably do more than we think we are in urban settings. I had to scale, lots and lots of curbs Sunday, which seems to have contributed to my left knee complaining. Hope your knee starts behaving so you don’t have to use wheelchair. Sending lots of healing vibes Chrissie. xx

Last edited:
Hi @Hoppy Nanny, try not to worry....it was only one day of overdoing it a bit....before long you will be back to feeling great again....I was feeling great and overdid; I stopped immediately with the first tinge, iced, elevated and good as new!

Thanks @Bfam85 and @Mojo333
Going to do the best I can today and if it means taking time out on the wheelie chair... so be it!!!
As long as I get to see my gorgeous one [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sorry about your knee, It seems to me there are as many knee issues among the THR's as the knee forum! I hope your day in London goes well and you enjoy your visit with your grand daughter!

Hi Chrissie. How did your London trip go? Hoping your knee is feeling a bit better. Have been icing more and it’s really helping. Sending xx hipster sister ❤️ @Hoppy Nanny

Hi there

Well... what can I say!! Knee was very painful so opted to use wheelchair.. drove to Station & left car..
Train was very comfy & the staff were so helpful to us... we were asked 6 times if we needed help at all... amazing service.
Got to Victoria & our Emily was waiting... went for coffee & I walked for a while through birdcage walk near Buckingham Palace & through to Trafalgar Square... my knee started being very stiff & painful so hubby pushed the chair... it started raining & didn’t stop all day... was cold too. Shame... but it was lovely seeing Emily (our redhead @Carriemay60). She works front of house at the Palladium whilst she is at Uni & is looking forward as Joseph is on for the summer break.

On our way home we passed Buckingham palace via Green Park & it was chucking out time for a Garden Party... there were hundreds of people in flowing summer dresses & impossible heels & big hats trying to combat the wind & rain... I felt very sorry for them! Except we had a few titters about some of the outfits..[emoji23]

We arrived home 8pm...picked up our doggies from the sitter & went home to bed... so tired & cold... but my hip never complained once... it’s so, so good... Knee? Not so! Very stiff today but at least I can walk on it now...

Thanks hipster sis ...@Fit4Family so pleased your knee better after icing... mine seems to respond better to heat.[emoji51]

I see that you like hostas too... they are my passion in the garden, along with ferns & acers.
They are so at their best this time of year. sour garden is not big but full of hostas.

Hoping everyone is well & recovering well... Chrissie [emoji182]

:hi:So glad you got out and got some fresh air and did some fashion critiquing.:)
Hope your knee starts behaving soon.
Hugs @Hoppy Nanny :roseshwr:

Despite the rain it sounds like you had a nice visit. Joseph should be fabulous show! These knees are a real nuisance. Mine seemed so much better right after surgery for some weeks and I had hope getting the hip done had magically fixed it but it is back with a vengeance. I will have to work on a referral to the guy who did the last soft tissue surgery if it doesn't settle down by fall. OA wise, it looks fine.

@Carriemay60
So sorry you have knee pain too. I’m finding it so disappointing as my hip has been so good & I still can’t walk as I want due to my knee. I, too, thought having the hip done would take the pressure off the knee, for a while anyway.
Still... One pain down is still a result... I’m going out to our local music venue Saturday night... but won’t be dancing [emoji51] but will still have fun, I’m sure.
I never thought I’d suffer from OA even though it runs through the family as I’d always been so sporty...and never had a sedentary job either.... what did I know !!!

Hope you have a great weekend and your knee pain eases off.

Cheers Chrissie xx

Yep, feels a bit like when the helium starts dying from your balloon and you realize you forgot to breathe some in and at least make funny voices! :heehee:

Hello Chrissie, @Hoppy Nanny So glad you made the most of your visit to see your granddaughter in London. Our daughter is Emily, and has strawberry blond hair! I’m so sorry about your knee, but really glad you had your chair with you. Rain really makes me nervous here. More for slipping indoors. May never get over that. :)

Our house was new when we moved in 22 years ago. My top priority was creating shade so I could enjoy all my favorites. The soil here is clay, so not all hostas love it. Have not tried ferns yet. Love those too.

Interesting that heat helps your knee. Whatever works!! Glad your new hip is still happy! Hope you have a great weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom