THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

Well.... Good News!
Cleared by Consultant .. all good.. restrictions lifted.. xrays look good. Can go ‘Water Walking’ but no swimming for another 4 weeks.. fab!!

Bad News ... Knee on other side very bad.. only cartlidge on one side.. said I’m like the Leaning Tower of Pisa [emoji849]. Got to go back in 3 months & will arrange to have TKR.. when I was laying flat said he could drive a bus under the gap between my knee & the couch...can’t say I want it done but he said it will affect my other hip if I don’t![emoji51]

So, onwards & upwards... will get on with my recovery until then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a pity about the knee but I guess you might be best to just get on with it. Will surgery happen in time for 'out of pocket' or whatever it is you UK'ers refer to as a annual co-pay? I think that would be a driving force for me this close to living on a pension. Did he comment on your other knee or hip?
SO happy you have had all your restrictions lifted - YAY!!! :ok:

Thanks ladies ... yes, it was great news.. best was I can sleep on my side ... when I am brave enough.

Feeling a little deflated today... not looking forward to another surgery so soon ... thought we might be able to book a holiday but now uncertain.

@Carriemay60
Our NHS is free... we don’t have
any restrictions or out of pocket expenses..... and people still moan about it!!!
I am of a mind, as you said, just to get it over with...
It will affect my old hip if I leave it too long... urgghhhh!!

@Hoppy Nanny :froggies: (I at first typed Happy Nanny!) Congratulations on your great report! I COMPLETELY understand waking up to the bittersweet news from yesterday, but the sooner you deal with the knee, the sooner you will have your life back. Either way, I celebrate your great report!!! xox

@Bfam85
I am a Happy Nanny to be signed
off.. my hip is so good... I actually love it!! I asked the surgeon if he actually did anything other than make an incision [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You are right... just gotta deal with the knee... I’m going to forget it now until I go back in 3 months & enjoy my freedom from my hip pain...

Going to celebrate tonight with fish & chips... and wine... on the beach!! yay!

Thanks so for your support

Great update and report!
I'm sorry to hear about your knee and understand your disappointment.
Just know we'll be here for you all the way.
I hope you can enjoy the next several months without much pain.
Big hugs
@Hoppy Nanny

Thanks @Layla
I’ll be over it soon... just hoped to do some planning but it’s just a blip!! Nobody said life was fair is the mantra I bought my kids up with!!

One thing is for sure ... I know I can get all I need to know about TKR from Bonesmart ... that’s a relief to know... I can do my whingeing on another thread [emoji23][emoji849].

I’m so pleased with my new hip though... just walked for half an hour and no complaints from it at all.. that’s as far as I can go with
the knee at the mo.

Thanks @CarrieMay... it’s getting a bit blustery out there but still going to go for it tonight!!!

My evening on the beach ... fish and chips & wine .. blustery but lovely..
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190508_28ab043dbf3ecfe47731cb19840940a4.jpg

Beautiful! Sounds wonderful for you!

Last edited:
@CarrieMay
I do love it!!! Its so good not having THAT pain.. and I know you know (if anyone does) what I mean.. you have been through so much... in a few short weeks you will feel so great!!

:happydance:So so happy to hear your great update!
Love the beautiful golden beach pic..:loveshwr:
Life without hip pain is definitely Sweet!:egypdance:

Wonderful report about your hip @Hoppy Nanny Sounds like you had a beautiful celebration. You have such a great attitude, you will get through next hurdle with your knee. So happy to know your hip is pain free! Hipster sister ❤️

Well.... Good News!
Cleared by Consultant .. all good.. restrictions lifted.. xrays look good.

My evening on the beach ... fish and chips & wine .. blustery but lovely..

Great news! What a lovely picture ... wish I was with you having fish and chips, yum, and wine of course! There is a 'pub' near us here in the hinterland (English owned) that does good fish (beer batter) but horrible chips. :sick:

I am a cat person but love your doggies. :puppysmooze:

Congratulations on your awesome report! I envy you the fish and chips! I seldom find any I really like. Cheers!

BIG day for me today!!
First time since my op that I’m able to travel to my youngest daughter’s house. She lives 2.5 hours away in Kent so we are going to stop for a coffee half way...I will drive the first leg (just cos I can now !![emoji23]) & hubby will do rest.

We usually do this once a week to see the Grandchildren & drive back the same night... so will be a long day.. should get back by 10pm this evening.

Hoping my hip doesn’t get too stiff... but it’s been incredibly well behaved... furthest I’ve walked is 2 miles & all was great..

Hoping everybody is doing well..
Chrissie xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member