THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

It’s pretty much impossible to not overwork the “good” side... and then it gets cranky too. Settle down, “good side”... you won’t have to be the good boy forever [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I think of you every time I go up stairs @JennyLynne The leading with the good leg is the only way I can do it. Your poor right leg. Hope you’re less sore now.

That is so frustrating @Hoppy Nanny same thing with my first one too. In fact I think it's needs ice more than my new one!!! :thud:

@Hoppy Nanny - Happy Anniversary! And there you are, with your matching set of new hips... life is indeed good. :dancy: You mentioned something that I've been wondering about. How the first replaced hip will be when it has to be the support hip/leg. Already I'm feeling some tweaks and twinges in my left hip that was replaced 3 plus years ago. It makes perfect sense but I still don't like it. I also remember that feeling of gratitude during my post op recovery time... I'm so happy to have found your thread and to have the reminder of how sweet the recovery time can be.

@CricketHip
That was my big worry going for the 2nd THR.. that the first hip might suffer... but do you know I think it was suffering more because of the way I was walking before the op... certainly it affected my knee too...
I think it’s quite a way before everything settles down but is way, way better now than before & still only 6 weeks on Wednesday.
I was meant to get signed off on 3rd but they’ve moved it to 7th May... think the surgeon wanted a long Bank Holiday!!
Had to wait to drive but Im going to try today & see how it goes...
vroom.. vroom [emoji596][emoji596]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad the groin pain settled down for you. It never seems to last too long if you treat it quickly and back off on what caused it. Good luck with the driving!

Funny, hipster sister. I’m going to drive today too. First time, desperately need to feel more independence. Daughter home from college, so first outing will be girls trip to Trader Joe’s! Vroom vroom! :happydance:

What is Trader Joe’s! Is it a food store!?

@Hoppy Nanny Trader Joe's is supposed to be a really neat grocery store. There's not one around me so I've never been to one.

It's not really groin pain but pain at the top/side of my hip and also front of my thigh. I slept with a big ice pack last night and it's better today but still have pings & pangs going on. Plus my 5 year old left hip is throwing a huge hissy fit! Yep, I feel great! :rotfl:

Yes, Trader Joe's is a grocer.
Usually on a smaller scale than the warehouse style. A lot of their own brands.
Kind of has a cult following. To me it seems people either love it, or hate it.
Many have select items they go there for.
Me: Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds to store in the fridge. Four or five satisfies a sweet tooth.

Oh bummer @SE Florida
Hoping that old hip starts to behave... I, too, have had more pain in the old hip than the new!!
Grrrrrrr... perhaps they want attention!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom