THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

That beach looks wonderful and well done on the walk to get there!

Re hubby presents..... I can remember a few too which were not impressive but have had some lovely ones over the years too. He left me in a jewellers once whilst he went shopping for an iPad for himself. BIG mistake ;-) ......

Happy Anniversary!
Sorry....I'm a bit late in catching up. Forty Eight years of wedded bliss is a wonderful accomplishment these days.
Here's to many more :cheers:

I love this group coming through recovery right now. So many great people, and funny to boot.
You guys all move so quickly communicating back and forth that there's a lot to read through on each thread. It's entertaining to say the least.

Your sandals are very pretty! I'll bet you're excited to get a fresh pedi and wear them.
The beach photo is beautiful and looks so inviting. Must be nice living so close.
You just passed five weeks post op. and your recovery seems to be coming along very well. :yay:
I hope your weekend is sunny and bright! :SUNsmile:
@Hoppy Nanny

@SurreyGirl
Left in a jewellers .... Glad you made the most of it....My hubby would never do that!!
I have to instruct mine what to buy and even then he gets it wrong... ah well... He’s not going to change now!!!
Yes, the beach is my saviour.. so calming.
Hope all going well with you...
you’re recovery sounds very much like my 1st THR... long, slow but steady... I got there in the end.
This time is do good (hope it lasts) ...[emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Layla
Yes 48 years... we have been very lucky!!
This forum is so good... lots of lively conversations to take our minds off any bad bits of recovery... it’s a joy ... and so are you [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]. Have a great weekend!!

@Hoppy Nanny this forum cheered me up when I was going through some less-than-stellar times.

When hubby got back from buying his shiny new iPad I had three rings lined up and asked him which he liked the best. Luckily he chose my favourite! It was a lovely birthday present. This extravagance Does not happen every year but great when it does.

Happy weekend to all Hippies :)

@Carriemay60
I do hope so!!! Longevity sadly does not run in our family...sooooo I’m going to buy
myself presents [emoji23][emoji23]
Hope you have a great weekend hun x

How lovely @Surrey Girl
Good job you didn’t ask for all three!
I did get a nice ring for our 45th Wedding Anniversary (sapphire) but sadly I have hand/feet psoriasis and can’t wear them now!
Yes, this site is invaluable... so cathartic to be able to share with such beautiful people .
Hope your weekend is good... despite the windy weather!!

Feeling a bit mean now just sneering at getting an umbrella for an anniversary...but after 40+ years I just point mine in the direction of my Amazon wishlist. And he just gets everything on it, so I keep it short. Fortunately I trained the children and their surprises are always entertaining and thoughtful. Hope their wives/girlfriends appreciate my stalwart efforts benefitting us all.

Good idea @bickypeg
I shall follow your lead with the
Amazon list .. fab idea.. although I’d probably have to order it myself... he’s not mean.. just unaware.. he says to our girls.. we don’t need anything!
Yes, my girls are on my wavelength thank goodness.
Hope you are doing well and have a great weekend xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]

In the same vein of Push Presents for delivering a baby we should get Pain Presents after delivering a worn hip. The worse the pain the bigger the present.
Ladies....Start Your Whining!! :heehee:

Push Presents? Is that for real @Layla
If so, I’m going to go for retrospective 47 & 42 years after my ‘pushing’ too as well as my two pain presents .. woo hoo presents all the way... now what to get [emoji23][emoji23][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Had a bit of a painful weekend.. had groin pain in my 1st THR side....frustrating but think Ive probably put too much pressure on it after 2nd THR
Used a hot water bottle & doing some stretches... seems to be helping...however, weather is pants so taking it easy...

I agree, @Hoppy Nanny … your entire body is still re-aligning and it's just a signal to slow down a bit. I'm sure it will pass quickly!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back