THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

Yes, @Hoppy Nanny I have it 3x a week. Working on my gait and strengthening, balance, etc. Nothing at all strenuous, but I have occasional twinges that ice takes care of. Trying to recover some muscle tone that I have lost in that leg.

Hi @Hoppy Nanny
Posting this here so I don't derail poor Sarah's thread with Protein ideas. She'll ban me from posting there, lol.

You mentioned you're craving naughty stuff and if something like this appeals to you and you can get the ingredients you may be pleasantly surprised. I guess they're super easy too.
What I'm talking about is looking up recipes for No Bake Protein Bites. There are lots of them online. I've never made them but have tasted some my sister made, daughter in law also. They are super easy and very satisfying. The ones I tried were a combo of chocolate, most likely dark, toasted coconut, vanilla extract, peanut butter, old fashioned oats, honey or agave, flax seeds. Mix together, roll into balls and refrigerate.

Satisfies the craving for something sweet with healthier ingredients.
A great afternoon and evening to you :)

Hi @Hoppy Nanny, it's nice to see you again! I remember when I had my first hip replacement and I would read your encouraging comments to people. I also remember that was when you adopted your little Ruby :) I am having my second hip done on April 29th. So, I guess we shall be seeing each other again here. Congratulations on your matching set!

Hi there @Bfam85
I do remember you too... I’m sorry that you’ve got to have your 2nd hip done too...but it will be good to get it done.
Have to say the 2nd time around has been much easier.. think it’s because I know how it goes.
April 29th is not too far away now... hoping you are not in too much pain.
My little Ruby is such a darling.

You know that you will get lots of support on here from Bonesmarties...I will look out for your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was thoroughly delightful!!!
So no TEDS, no more blood thinning injections, a shower & Im going to have my first glass of wine (a red Argentinian Malbec)
for 4 weeks tonight...
My hip feels very solid & walking on it poses no problems at all...
my regular sleep pattern has returned & I am only taking 4 x paracetamol per day. All is good... 4 weeks today xxxx

Saw the physio first time today...
As I walked in he remarked how good my gait was, took away one crutch & had me walk up & down... still good gait & then walk without any aids...all good.
He instructed me to use 2 crutches for 2 further weeks outside but only use one for indoor.
Did a little abduction, pushing leg upwards .. apparently all good... added some crouching exercises and to go back in 4 weeks.
What a lovely (good looking too)
chap... Steve! Hope I get him next time too..... no making me do anything I didn’t want to do...fab!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks