• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[THR] Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh no! I’ve so much admiration for brave bilateral hippies too!!
I love the snowman reference... made me chuckle....I’ve not had to ice very much.. I prefer heat in my OLD hip .. grrrrrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carriemay60

post-grad
Country
Canada Canada
It will come once you are able to walk a bit more! 14 pounds is not much at all! Summer diet will help too. We convert to meat & salads and more rice bowls or rice noodle bowls.

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
I hope so @Carriemay60
I spent nearly a year without walking hardly any way... used a mobility scooter... it was the only way I could get out in my little red beep beeb... one of my Grandsons love riding it round where we live...he thought it was great.

Why is it harder to lose than put on?? I’ve cut out all carbs at the moment ...boring!!

Didn’t get out for my drive!! A friend ‘popped’ round & stayed for 2 hours .. ahhhhhh!!! It was nice ofbher to come & see me though... I’ll try tomorrow.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190429_0ac6cac61275966f29165c56f212b989.jpg

Me & my beep beep [emoji23][emoji23]

Carriemay60

post-grad
Country
Canada Canada
I LOVE your little "beep beep". I have rented them a few times to help me enjoy trips to see the kids. They are wonderful! I am wishing my shopping mall had them to borrow. I would love to go browse some spring & summer clothes for an afternoon!
p.s. you are a real looker! Love your jacket!

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
Love your little scooter. Just noticed you are two days after me. Here you are trying to lose weight and I have to gain it! With all my issues I went down to 112lbs about a 55lb loss ... think I may be up to 120lbs now.

Hope you had a lovely visit with you sister.

Fit4Family

graduate
Country
United States United States
Excited to hear about your driving experience yesterday @Hoppy Nanny Another thing we have in common, avoidance of carbs. I too put on weight sitting. Hope it comes off quickly once I’m clear to exercise. That scooters picture is fabulous! You’ve got style!

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
I did it..... drove to my sis’s house & then to the local garden centre for Earl Grey & scones ( couldn’t resist) .... driving was fabulous... felt so free...think that’s +1lb instead of a loss... ah well x

OP
OP
Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
@Fit4Family
Carbs are no good for me.... but I love pasta but none for me now.
So enjoyed my driving... I used our little Micra rather than our big one.. easier to get in and out..
i’m hoping that once I’m walking & swimming more the weight will come off... it will help my knee.
I love my little beep beep car... meant I could take my doggies out pre op..
Hope you are having a good day hippy sis x

Top Bottom