BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the May Marvels' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by bottomshollow, Jun 3, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    @Schnautzer, I see that you figured out what to do and have started your own thread! grin 2.png

2. Schnautzer

Schnautzer junior member

Canada Canada
    Do not know how to ask questions. Have never been involved with a forum before but want to be able to navigate thru this.HELP

3. bottomshollow

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You are now an Honor Graduate [​IMG] from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a [​IMG] Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your [​IMG] questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another [​IMG] support and encouragement; [​IMG] vent, whine, and [​IMG] shed some tears, if necessary; and have some [​IMG] fun and laughs together. (Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)
    Recovery is a long journey [​IMG] made shorter and easier when made with [​IMG] fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

[​IMG]

01 May 2019 eelainea65 (revision), KneeAware (revision)
    02 May 2019 wittywoman, Crybabie
    03 May 2019 julieskan
    06 May 2019 Rather, mushroom, Bbebee, setiah3, Deadarrow, sugarjo369, Mika13
    07 May 2019 bdub73, Joansie, cvg, Beads
    08 May 2019 Paulcat, knee#2, dickiedo
    09 May 2019 Gigisknee
    10 May 2019 Barbierob
    13 May 2019 lisabl (revision-partial to total), Neesie, Granny719 (bilateral)
    14 May 2019 tigs, klinkmcbear, vjp65
    15 May 2019 Zhash, fenway09, RAD, Indygo, lopat
    17 May 2019 katpkatp
    19 May 2019 Schnauatzer
    21 May 2019 Woodpusher, Rockgirl4, geegster, kofienut, Mamabadkne
    22 May 2019 Sportygirl, Liebchen (bilateral), buddydog, Bone Spur, ArmyVet (revision), terri1072 (partial)
    23 May 2019 jeffjob, Hooterinva
    28 May 2019 Atlas_aus (bilateral), Ddole, nonewname, TKRat48
    29 May 2019 mistyblue
    30 May 2019 LolaBee (revision), suejan, Dance76

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2019
  4. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @vjp65, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being a May Marvel and full-fledged member of the MayMarvels' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

5. Hooterinva

Hooterinva new member

Hi. New here and trying to figure out how to add myself to TKR May list. Also I found this site by googling questions about pain behind knee in recovery. So glad I did cause I was thinking I'm a dud patient. 2nd knee replacement, different knee. This one is very different than first. Can anyone help me to participate on here?

6. Hooterinva

Hooterinva new member

Can you add me to your May 28th TKR list please?

7. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @dickiedo, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being a May Marvel and full-fledged member of the May Marvels' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum.
    (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

8. Jamie

Jamie ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@Hooterinva .... you have now been added to the list of May Marvels. Welcome!

9. Hooterinva

Hooterinva new member

Hi Schnautzer - OK your hilarious! I agree w/ bonesmart, however there is going to be pain. Did you know knee replacement is more painful that hip replacement? I didn't until I went to the class at hospital. Believe it did not disappoint ! Thank goodness you have your sports background, as well as condition as an athlete to be in better physical condition than most .Unfortunately I'm stuck with an older sister( older than you by 4 years, you spring chicken) that had both knees replaced at same time 25 years ago. She lords it over me that she recovered in no time, and I must be "delicate". Translation- After having both knees replaced she came home and made a complete soup to nuts dinner for 12, went out sledding, knitted a blanket, and felt a bit sleepy! She's rewriting history. No empathy. I bet she would be a complete delight at a wake!

10. Hooterinva

Hooterinva new member

Schnautzer, I digressed. I cannot swim, but I go into the deep end with a floatation device, and I run. It really helps the hamstrings.I stop when it feels like I've had enough. 2nd day of doing that, and I really like it. Small improvement, but I'll take it!

11. Schnautzer

Schnautzer junior member

Canada Canada
    Sounds good to me. I will do the same tomorrow. I know knee is worse than hip. Had right hip replaced in 2012. Piece of cake but maybe because I did not fret like I am with knee. Just let it heal and it was not painful.
    I only lived my life today with a few heel slides. Will see if my knee thanks me tomorrow by being happy. I will reward it with nice hydro therapy after walking the pooch.
    Off to bed ( no pills needed I hope)
    Cheersha ha

12. Schnautzer

Schnautzer junior member

Canada Canada
    P.S I do not believe your sister!!!!! If true she is super human

13. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Dance76 , you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being a May Marvel and full-fledged member of the May Marvels' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

14. Schnautzer

Schnautzer junior member

Canada Canada
    Schnautzer here
    I am now at 12 weeks post tkr. All is pretty good EXCEPT due to pain still behind knee have a not so good rom.(100) still trouble doing full rotation on my stationary bike but do try it daily. Do aqua therapy and massage as well. VERY frustrated as I see no improvement in this issue behind knees. Massage therapist thinks it is muscular and maybe since I had hip replaced on same side muscles have been affected.
    My fear is that this will Never go away.
    See surgeon AGAIN this week.
    Any comments or Advice. Help