Welcome to the June Sunbeams'2018 Hip Recovery Club!

directions.jpg
@Yokesgirl, here are directions for starting a thread:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Recovery" forum.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

hello june sunbeamers... I'm almost 4 weeks out (monday) and doing mostly well although still have some groin pain that is keeping me from walking without a cane. I'm concerned about this. any advice or thoughts? I didi not have this with my first one and was walking unassisted much sooner.

@movingwell I myself will be 4 weeks tomorrow and having same issue. Had ct scan it was negative doc thinks was doing to many repitions of exercise, which caused inflammation. Laied off exercising except walking and lots of ice pain is almost gone. Good luck.

I'm only 3 weeks post op, but was experiencing something similar at 2.5 weeks. Made the minor change of going back to 2 crutches and nearly immediately the groin pain went away. So for me, it was wanting to do too much too fast. My lesson was just because I CAN move unaided/with one crurtch/etc doesnt mean I should!

I know there's a huge difference between 2.5 weeks and 4 weeks post op, but consider giving your hip some more help and rest. :) No one wants to feel like they're going backwards, but no one wants pain either! Hang in there!

Today was a great day. I think my day of rest paid off. No more overdoing it for me I learned after two times. Hope everyone is having a pain free night.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

bs-6-june-jpg.67111

congratulations-jpg.61299

You are now an Honor Graduate
graduate-jpg.61292
from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a
team-members-jpg.61296
Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your
questions-jpg.61295
questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another
hugs-jpg.61293
support and encouragement;
venting-gif.61298
vent, whine, and
tears-jpg.61297
shed some tears, if necessary; and have some
grin-jpg.61300
fun and laughs together. (Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)
Recovery is a long journey
long-journey-2-jpg.61294
made shorter and easier when made with
fellow-travelers-jpg.61291
fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

sign-up-today-png.61301

04 June 2018 lunchlady, Harryn1
05 June 2018 PerthHippy, AnnieRose2, Yonnie53
06 June 2018 Ursula72, Joey4USC (bilateral), Ruamac
07 June 2018 1stSurgery
08 June 2018 luvsibes, Stephyrath
10 June 2018 Roxy Zuzax
11 June 2018 movingwell (her second), Sbrummer, Artchr, Yokesgirl
12 June 2018 Thesoutherncook, Catldy71
13 Junee 2018 rheerios, tankeryanker
14 June 2018 Kris_MN
15 June 2018 Shells
18 June 2018 Dracia, LindaSF (bilateral), Teenie
19 June 2018 emilymae99, jgmurrayaf (bilateral), Sluggo
20 June 2018 Ascorpiana, ghostblade (his first)
21 June 2018 BradleyStu (his second)
22 June 2018 BeBe (her second), ladylorn (her second), LynnT-24, Hip2BGone
26 June, 2018 valdez

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@tankeryanker, you are now an
3-official-hippie-jpg.61306
! As such, you have earned the honor of being a June Sunbeam and full-fledged member of the June Sunbeams' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

Will you please add me?
RTHR
June 18, 2018
Thank you and best regards!

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Teenie, you are now an
! As such, you have earned the honor of being a June Sunbeam and full-fledged member of the June Sunbeans' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Recovery" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can and we look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@ghostblade, you are now an
! As such, you have earned the honor of being a June Sunbeam and full-fledged member of the June Sunbeams' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

I would love to be part of this group! My outpatient surgery was July 10, 2018. I had a THR right, anterior. Recovery is not going so well for me, I am so anxious to get off this walker and get my life back. I am 65 years old and this is my first surgery EVER ... i really feel I was not informed about post-op recouperation, so it might be nice to share and hear stories on this site. I go to the doctor next Monday for my first visit post op.

May I be added please I had Left THR Anterior, on 19 June

Last edited:
congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Sluggo, you are now an

Hi Gang! We're closing in on 2 months post op and my new hip is doing great!
I've walked 1/2 mile on the track, shopped all over Costco, am doing all of the meal prep, grocery shopping, driving...gosh, almost back to normal! I have almost daily swelling in the op leg, especially in the upper thigh, so I ice and elevate. Sleeping is getting much better and I even slept for a while on the new hip...although I think I was half awake waiting on it to scream at me to roll over!
I hope you are all doing well!

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Roxy Zuzax, you are now an

( I apologize for having missed your post earlier---better late than never!)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie