BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the January Jackpots' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by bottomshollow, Feb 2, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    BS 1 Jan.jpg

[​IMG]
    You are now an Honor Graduate [​IMG] from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a [​IMG] Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your [​IMG] questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another [​IMG] support and encouragement; [​IMG] vent, whine, and [​IMG] shed some tears, if necessary; and have some [​IMG] fun and laughs together. (Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)
    Recovery is a long journey [​IMG] made shorter and easier when made with [​IMG] fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

[​IMG]

02 January 2018 BothAtOnce (bilateral)
    04 January 2018 Phil76 (resurfacing), Mckeaty
    08 January 2018 3dognight
    09 January 2018 amg1529, Belladonna
    11 January 2018 Bevlah
    16 January 2018 maggie23 (her second)
    17 January 2018 wireguy
    18 January 2018 Eddie 1
    19 January 2018 Poodles
    22 January 2018 clodaghcov (revision), Tustinbell
    23 January 2018 rkw
    24 January 2018 tyorke1
    25 January 2018 ToddC
    26 January 2018 hippyhoray
    27 January 2018 mydog
    31 January 2018 mcopt, crispy

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. clodaghcov

clodaghcov member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please would you add mex

3. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @clodaghcov, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being a January Jackpot and full-fledged member of the January Jackpots' 2018 Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum.(Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

4. ToddC

ToddC new member

Jan 25 surgery, feeling great one month post op..no pain and walking well. Cane for rough terrain or ice but feeling very good. Better range of motion. Now on the treadmill and stationary bike, will start some resistance after my 6 week check.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @ToddC, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being a January Jackpot and full-fledged member of the January Jackpots' 2018 Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum.

(Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

6. Tustinbell

Tustinbell new member

I had anterior hip THR on January 22, 2018. I was born with congenital hip dysplasia. In my case it wasn't a matter of if I would need surgery, but when I would need it. Surgery went great. I went in at about 9 am and was home for dinner. Off the walker at day 4, off the cane at day 10, driving at two weeks. I feel so great that I over did it at the gym and with chores around the house, so I have some resurgence in muscle pain. I am still doing PT once per week to work on the tight muscles. It is so nice to be able to take a trip to Costco and not come home in excruciating pain. :)

7. bottomshollow

[​IMG] @Tustinbell, you are now an [​IMG] ! As such, you have earned the honor of being a January Jackpot and full-fledged member of the January Jackpots' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum.

(Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)