Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all December Supernovas!

congratulations-jpg.61299

You are now an Honor Graduate
graduate-jpg.61292
from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a
team-members-jpg.61296
Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your
questions-jpg.61295
questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another
hugs-jpg.61293
support and encouragement;
venting-gif.61298
vent, whine, and
tears-jpg.61297
shed some tears, if necessary; and have some
grin-jpg.61300
fun and laughs together. (Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)
Recovery is a long journey
long-journey-2-jpg.61294
made shorter and easier when made with
fellow-travelers-jpg.61291
fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

sign-up-today-png.61301

03 December 2018 SunnyDayz, gypsymom, bunchgrass
04 December 2018 donnag1108, jean6183, bigal1947, Wren (partial), Fender78, josway
05 December 2018 Coach_HL, Sunnyme, Bashia, Idefix
06 December 2018 SuzyQ58
07 December 2018 Sagetek
08 December 2018 GrauntieD
10 December 2018 Susan1234, sillyBilly, Denny 39, ebungalow
11 December 2018 Grammyof2, fabie, 1BirdLady (revision), celticmom2, Jenn, fishy2U, Kperform, Rdhd, Happykitty
12 December 2018 Mollymax, Dolly Girl, nzee
17 December 2018 DebCoz, Gimpy9, Beezknees, MackiePafl, Pamjam68, A New Knee, dad27, Aussiegal
18 December 2018 bumneej, Pattrick, hallie2 (partial), Jayla (bilateral)
24 December 2018 poptarts

I’m 5 weeks post surgery and am walking on my own. It’s amazing how much I used to drag my leg. Now I’m learning how to walk again. I’m going back to work in 4 weeks. We will see how that goes.

Hi, can you please add me? I had a right TKR on Dec. 17. 2018.

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@dad27, you are now an
3a-official-kneesie-jpg.61628
! As such, you have earned the honor of being a December Supernova and full-fledged member of the December Supernovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Rdhd, you are now an
! As such, you have earned the honor of being a December Supernova and full-fledged member of the December Supernovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

Can you please add me? My right knee was replaced Dec. 5, 2018.

Please add me, had bilateral total knee replacement on Dec 7

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Sagetek, you are now an

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CA
RE!

Hi I am a newbie week 5 post op and all seems to be going as planned ..’ I tried hard to lose weight pre op but wow have lost 8 kilos post op, this will help me long term.

My knee was useless pre op as my old reconstruction was worn out and pain was unbearable. I had been taking NSAID’s and had - burst ulcer so I had no option other that to have a TKR.

My hubby has never been one to do domestic chores and sadly he has not managed to learn!! This has made for some very interesting moments.

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Aussiegal, you are now an

Please add me. Had left TKR December 11

@Rdhd, you are already on the list. If you were on the December Surgery list in preop, you were automatically a member of the December Recovery Club.

Today marks the beginning of my 4th week of recovery. I was comforted by my PT when he told me I was exactly where I needed to be and that I was going through an average recovery. He told me to stop comparing this surgery to my prior TKR because that one was exceptional and doesn’t happen each time. Also, I’m finally starting to feel comfortable weaning myself off the walker and advancing to a cane. Life is good!

What time span was there between the two surgeries? I’ve just done my right knee and my left one also needs doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I am a newbie week 5 post op and all seems to be going as planned ..’ I tried hard to lose weight pre op but wow have lost 8 kilos post op, this will help me long term.

My knee was useless pre op as my old reconstruction was worn out and pain was unbearable. I had been taking NSAID’s and had - burst ulcer so I had no option other that to have a TKR.

My hubby has never been one to do domestic chores and sadly he has not managed to learn!! This has made for some very interesting moments.

Men can be hopeless, can’t they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Didot it was 4 months between my TKR....the first one was done in the summer and the second one in the winter. I live in the Midwest (USA) and I’m beginning to think the summer recovery was easier because it wasn’t so cold and damp. Will soon be entering my 8th week of recovery and still struggling to walk properly...also still attending PT....sometimes it’s difficult not to get discouraged. Hope all is going well for you.

@Idefix...hi I notified we had our TKR on the same day. I spent 1 night in the hospital and had 2 weeks of home health care. I’m now attending PT at a facility. I’m still having trouble walking properly. Hope your recovery is going smoothly.

@poptarts...just checking up on you...hope all is going well...We are going through a frigid winter and I don’t think it’s helping with my healing. I plan on returning to work next week (part-time) but now questioning my decision....not much movement involved...my biggest challenge will be getting a good parking space close to the building I work in and trudging through the snow...if I can make it in safely, I’ll be alright....yikes!

Hello, please add me to the roster of the December 2018 knee recovery club. Left tkr 12/11/18.

Thank you,
Happykitty

@Bashia Nice to meet you. How are you doing meanwhile? I still have lots of problems like swelling, pain and how to sleep. Hope it gets better from now on out. All the best in your recovery.

@bottomshollow. Could you please also add me as a member of the Club? My surgery was Dec. 5, 2018.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom