Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

BS 8 August.jpg

congratulations-jpg.61299

You are now an Honor Graduate
graduate-jpg.61292
from your pre-op days! You've entered the recovery phase of your replacement journey to that place called “Normal”, and you are now eligible to be a
team-members-jpg.61296
Recovery Club member.

Pre-op surgery team members are automatically recovery team members. If you were not on the pre-op list, please join your fellow travelers in this month’s post-op club by requesting your name and surgery date be added to the roster.

Being a team member will allow you to share your
questions-jpg.61295
questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another
hugs-jpg.61293
support and encouragement;
venting-gif.61298
vent, whine, and
tears-jpg.61297
shed some tears, if necessary; and have some
grin-jpg.61300
fun and laughs together.
(Please do the above in one another’s recovery threads. And if you find your fun and laughs taking over an individual thread, toss them over to the Social Room to keep your recovery thread on target.)

Recovery is a long journey
long-journey-2-jpg.61294
made shorter and easier when made with
fellow-travelers-jpg.61291
fellow travelers. So, start you membership in this special club today by requesting that your name and surgery date be added to the list!

sign-up-today-png.61301

01 August 2018 deerhntr, mafuk06 (bilateral)
02 August 2018 Shadybear, Muffikins, Debru4
03 August 2018 mannyalfa (bilateral), Quiltfan55
06 August 2018 Bay55
07 August 2018 Wave Hog (his first)
08 August 2018 Small1014, coastalme, Smit
09 August 2018 wonkyhipoy, Happy four, Jmckw (bilateral)
10 August 2018 Steg
13 August 2018 stellaluna (bilateral), Bevlah (her second), Marco
14 August 2018 Jesus fan, Madde (bilateral)
16 August 2018 mtnhippy,lisas52
20 August 2018 HorseyLady (her second), hellysully (bilateral), TerryB TX, Rascali
21 August 2018 Fatcatlady, dizmom1, lovesstars
22 August 2018 LuvDisney (her second), Blessed 48, TripleF100
23 August 2018 Lilly450, tamlyn, Ausman
24 August 2018 hoosier78
28 August 2018 PaulSim. Optimistic
29 August 2018 ghostblade (his second), cheranic (her second), texasrose, Hoopsmom
30 August 2018 InkySquid, arcticgem

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats-2-jpg.61305
@lovesstars , you are now an
3-official-hippie-jpg.61306
! As such, you have earned the honor of being an August Hot Shot and full-fledged member of the August Hot Shots' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

@TripleF100 - it is early days for you! Good that you knew you overdid it and that your attitude stays positive. I am only just "sort of" off a single crutch on Week 5. The recovery, I've been finding, is not a straight line.

It’s nice to have a forum like this. It’s helps pass the time but most importantly, it helps a hippie help oneself and help others at the same time. If anybody would like to ask me a question, go for it. If you’re not comfortable in the open individual recovery pages, feel free to PM me and I commit to always getting back to you if I am physically able...

Good luck on your journies fellow hippies!

@Wave Hog and fellow hippies, please keep your questions, concerns, and comments about your hip replacement here in the open forum. What you ask about, discuss, and relate may be of enormous help to other members. PMs are for imparting more personal information that should not be a part of an open forum.

Thanks for your cooperation.

My doctor sent me home with a prescription for Xarelto (10mg) 1 pill a day for 26 days to minimize the possibility for clots! Such a little pill but that little thing makes me pee like a race horse!! Not a problem during the day but I'm having to get up 5-6 times every night!! Almost funny I know!! Anyone else take this devilish drug?? I guess I need to ask my doctor if I can stop taking it!! Hahaha!

Hi fellow Hot Shots! Nice to be with people going though similar things at similar times!
@TripleF100 - I had to do daily Clexane injections so no idea about the Xarelto, but getting up to be so many times at night must be annoying!
Best of luck and speedy recovery to everyone! :wave:

I’m 2 weeks post op, femur top cracked during surgery so can’t put full weight on leg for a few weeks. It’s helpful to see so much advise on rest, ice, etc. that’s about all I can do. I too wake up 5+ times a night to pee, had no idea is was because of Xeralto. I’m hoping to go back to work in 2 weeks; realistic? Thanks!

Atkinson8 I feel your pain, I also had a bone break during surgery and am not allowed to weight bear for several weeks. It's a pain but will be worth it in the end I'm sure. I'm now just over a month post op and my night time loo visits are down to two or three, one night I only had to go once! Small victory

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Rascali, you are now an
! As such, you have earned the honor of being an August Hot Shot and full-fledged member of the August Hot Shots' 2018 Hip Recovery Club.

Your membership allows you and encourages you to share your recovery journey with your fellow club members as well as all other members of the forum. (Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has had surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding recovery must be kept in your individual recovery threads.)

If you have not already started your own recovery thread, what are you waiting for----there’s no time like the present.

We look forward to following you down that winding recovery road because WE CARE!

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Marco , you are now an

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Ausman , you are now an

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Happy four , you are now an

Hello! This is my first post. I had THR on my R hip on Aug.28. I’m doing great except for slight discomfort on the side of my thigh. Just tender to the touch! Wondering if it is still sore at this point from being tugged on in the anterior surgery. Is that normal? I’m sleeping on my left side with a pillow between my knees, but think back is still best??? I’m doing my post op exercises and walking 20 minutes every day. Tomorrow will be 4 wks., and I hope to drive next week. Thank you for the tips!!!!

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Optimistic, you are now an

Janine, 9th August, bilateral
New on here.

congrats-2-jpg.61305
@Jmckw, you are now an

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie