• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[THR] Weightlifting post THR (only one hip)

jamief

Country
United States United States
I looked everywhere for information about weightlifting after THR. I didn't find much, so I thought I'd post my experience here for any who care to check it out.

I'm 13 months out and I just restarted lifting weights again 2 weeks ago. Today was the first time I attempted the deadlift, my favorite exercise.

Here is what happened with the deadlift: warm up sets of 5 reps, progressive weight from 95 lbs, 135 lbs, 185 lbs, 225 lbs

I was then able to do 1 rep at 275 lbs.

I experienced no pain or any sort of feeling of instability. The way I do deadlifts, my thighs are not ever at 90 degrees, I have my glutes, hamstrings, back, grip, shoulders, arms the whole muscle chain engaged before bringing the bar off the floor.

It's 3 hours after my workout now and my hip and muscles still feel great. I'm a 48 year old male.

Best wishes to everyone. I am not advocating that anyone do this, I'm just posting my experience.

Tarajeane

Country
Thank you for your post! I am 4 days post and can’t wait to start working out again:)
Tara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going4fun

senior
Country
Multiple times I've increased exercise and my hip didn't react til a week later ... two weeks later ... And then I had to back off ... So see if you can be patient.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
T-bone
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags