Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

MUA Week 3 running late

OP
OP
N

NewToMe

Country
United States United States
Friday was my 5 month birthday with my new knee. It's been a long haul and still not quite there for sure. Regardless, I can now do more than before surgery, like walk more than 7,000 steps in a day! Endurance for standing is still a struggle as well as sleeping but I see improvements every week!

I think the worse thing is I can't seem to have a lazy day anymore. New Knee makes ME MOVE.:heehee:

Pumpkln

Country
NewTo Me,
Happy 5 month birthday to your new knee, happy to hear you are doing well and continue to improve.
Thanks for coming back for an update!

OP
OP
N

NewToMe

Country
Help!

5 and one half months post op

Dentist today 1 filling and 2 crown replacements and I guess I chomped my tongue while it was numb! I have a gouge in it, no stiches required but I am wondering if I should continue antibiotics? My OS on call number isn't working so I am ready to call on call PCP.

Any advice from the bonesmart nursing staff?

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm sorry you hurt your tongue. Did you take antibiotics for the dental procedures?
I think you're being wise in calling your PCP.

Unless you have a pre-existing condition, such as diabetes or low resistance to infection, antibiotics are not necessary for dental work, as the bacteria in your mouth are not the ones usually responsible for causing joint infections.
Dental antibiotics: Evidence insufficient to recommend prophylactic antibiotics for dental procedures

OP
OP
N

NewToMe

Country
@Celle thanks so much..exactly what my OS office said. The pre-procedure amoxicillin was sufficient, 2 grams!

What was surprising was how painful that tongue bite is! I swear that night it hurt more THAN day 4 Post op TKR! Still not pleasant but I also am not worrying about my knee either. :heehee:

doodlebug60

Country
hey there New to Me; glad to have you with us. I am 3.5 weeks ltkr and I know what you are going through. just listen to bonesmart and you will be fine. I'm doing great and I have no PT at all. ice and elevation and rest are keys to rehab. just let your knee guide you. it will let you know how much is to much to fast. hope you have a great recovery

OP
OP
N

NewToMe

Country
Sheltering in place (northern CA), 6 months post op, walking 10,000 steps a day, cooking more SLEEPING more :yahoo: doing good.

Everyone wash your hands! Hold each other virtually!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HighCountry
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom