Wedge pillow

Tarajeane

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone, I am scheduled for THR on June 5. I’m 42 and use to do yoga and dance. I haven’t been able to in the past two years due to my bad hip. Has anyone who had a hip replacement do yoga/dance without a lot of limitations?
Thanks
Tara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@luvsibes is a yogi and could probably comment.
I would guess that self imposed limitations would definitely be a good thing.
Had a member who did dislocate performing yoga position so definitely not something to rush in to.
Lots of dancers on the forum too.
All in the timing.
Heal first!

Everypne's "limitations" might be different. I'm no dancer and had limitations as gar as Yoga went pre-op just because of limited ROM and hip pain. After THR I have better ROM in that hip but limitations are common sense as far as how far to push your hip to chance dislocation. And of course there's the muscles which take quite some time to get back to normal. Yoga does help a lot with the stiffness and soreness but I don't push any stretches in my hip.
As Mojo said there is a thread about someone that was doing a simple Yoga pose that dislocated doing it. Not something you want to do!

Hi @Tarajeane
Many members do return to Yoga. Most likely there will be some limitations but I'm sure they are moderate and precautions you'll want to take in an effort to avoid dislocation. The good news is, you can return.
As far as dancing goes, certainly you'll be able to dance in the conventional sense most would enjoy as an adult.
Unless you're talking about break dancing or something more radical like that...:spin: :no-fin:

At 3 1/2 months after surgery, I danced at a friend's wedding...fast dances as well as slow. I actually forgot about my hip until the night was nearly over, and I was getting a bit stiff, but no pain.

I am not a "dancer" by any stretch of the imagination---I am a "wedding dancer":heehee:, so I agree with @Layla that you surely will be able to do that sort of dancing----when your body tells you it is ready. That varies from person to person.

Something I have found to be especially important is simply to be tuned into my body.....I don't push it to, or through pain. By not imposing timelines on myself and just living my regular life, I have found that I've been able to ease back into things. That patience isn't always easy, but definitely worthwhile!

Any recommendations on wedge pillow for elevating legs after THR. Looking on amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Tarajeane
The Lounge Doctor is a good one. I purchased one through Amazon and while it's not cheap, I've used mine ever since my THR so I look at it as money well spent.
Hope you find one you like.
Happy Thursday!

Hi :wave:
Wishing you all the best tomorrow.
We'll look forward to seeing you on the Hip Recovery side soon.
The future is looking bright! :SUNsmile:
@Tarajeane

@Tarajeane :wave:
Sending healing hugs in advance.
Say bye bye to hip pain!
You are going to love your new hip.:tada:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member