weary

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedders

I feel absolutely shattered has anybody got any ides of supplements i could take just feel i am dragging myself around all the time.

You don't need supplements, you need REST! Tiredness is your body's way of telling you that. Try to work in more and longer periods of rest and naps. That will do you more good than any supplements.

However, has your doctor checked your haemoglobin lately? Might be worth a check.

Hi, Ped, Went back over the previous posts you wrote and I think Jo is right, you probably aren't getting enough rest but to be safe go get blood work done. I am almost four months post op now and still have tired days. I don't know how old you are, I am going to be 67 soon and I think that has something to do with it. I know the days I am tired usually follow a day when I did too much or a night when I didn't sleep well. I take a multi-vitamin and while I think everyone should take a supplement I don't see mine doing anything spectacular, like pepping me up. Good luck. Rowdy

Hi ped,
This post really hit me today. I can barely move I am so tired.
Now that I got permission to hike after the hip surgery (doc just temporarily took it away from me today) I have gone to my trail 9 out of the last 10 days. Also hit the pool and swam a mile most of those days. I hope that is it. I did hike early this am before I was told to take a few days off. I am skipping the swim too.

Still need to motivate to get to the grocery store, physical therapy, bake cookies and dinner. All i want to do is sleep!!

Judy

I just love this place - I never feel alone and realize this is all just part of recovering! This past weekend all I did was sleep, shower, do the knee things the PT and I agreed to do, nap (for 3 hours), stretch a second round and then go back to bed (icing all the time I was sleeping or napping). - This from a person who just doesn't nap - let alone 3 hours each day. I am 42 and really am not normally like this.
I guess it is all part of the getting better we are doing!
I guess we should just get our teddies and favorite blankets and curl up and let our bodies tell us to sleep!
Marianne

Yes Marianne you are so right i feel that i do not nurture myself enough being a mum of three always busy doing. I am going to take your advice,the blankets and the teddies sound good
Pam

Ped -
Right there with you tonight - PT was a bear!- going to take my own advice - we ordered a pizza and after we eat I am taking my blankie to my bedroom and going to bed - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Marianne

I am right behind you girls. Now that I am taking only the tylenol during the day, those vicodin I take at bedtime really make me drowsy, fast!
So I am off to bed before I fall alseep at my computer desk.
Hope all of you have a good evening and we all get a good nights rest!

I just had spinal injections today. After the 4th dose of dilaudid in the recovery area , all pain was gone. That felt so good. I was so comfortable. When I got home, I went to bed until 7:30. After reading these posts at 9pm I'm ready again.
Unfortunately the dilaudid wore off.

Good sleep all
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft