Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

hello...u said it...getting better..stairs are not so much a problem....but weight is increasing.....:cry::cry:

Its just you cant do so much all will settle in time

Legin THR Sep 14

hi all....I am 5 months out...can walk a lot but stairs are still a problem...i feel tired all the time....got my blood tests done...trigliycerides are too high..272....can it be because of the operation....did anyone else have this experience....earlier i could hardly walk..but now I am walking regularly since 2,3 months.

If you are in pain yes. If you had toothache or headache you would pain is pain

Legin THR Sep 14

There are two very well-kept secrets in this world, and one of them is how much childbirth hurts. (unless you're one of those strange people who say "Pain? What pain? Loved every minute of it, it was a beautiful, life-affirming experience ". And other well-kept secret (unless you find the Bonesmart site very early on!) is just how much knee-replacement surgery actually HURTS afterwards!!!!! For weeks and sometimes months!!!!!! And yes, some lucky people (are they for real?) don't seem to have the same pain as the rest of us poor mortals. My friends who'd had it done said "Yeah there may be tines you'd wish you'd never had it done, but just persevere" . They never told me there would be nights I would sit up in bed and person with pain that wasn't touched by Codeine/ Tramadol/Morphine/swearing/offering to sell my soul to the devil for "ONE GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP PLEASE!" Or that I might still be doing the stairs one by one 8 weeks later. (Am 10 weeks today and can come down properly if I hold onto the banister, and can go up if not too steep but it's not always pain-free. But I still don't sleep in the same bed as my very patient partner because I thrash around trying to get comfortable most of the night) or that my energy levels would be so low I would look at the vacuum cleaner and promise "One day my son, I'll give you a run over the carpet. Just not yet" ( I'm still saying it and get my partner to do it....) But it does gets better, just not as soon as you think it will. Take note of what the Bonesmart smarties tell you - all wise people who've been there, got the t-shirt ( unlike the vast majority of physios or surgeons who proably have no idea of the pain involved. Or if they do, they don't let on. The swines.....)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello all..life has become too hectic. going for walks....stairs sometimes....having backache...now triglycerides have increased...is it due to the operation? or stress due to my perosnal tragedy.i have to see a doc yet.

i still feel tired....though i am now at 5 months....and knee muscles are not yet strong....should I have taken more physio...

Agree. Stamina is the biggest battle for me. Usually takes about 6months to get back but can take up to a year.

Just keep getting rest as you need it and try to eat a balanced diet. Healing is still happening.

hi all...i am walking a lot...on the jogging track...but every person overtakes me...though I try to walk fast....well its because I hvent been able to walk for years now...and leg muscles are weak....but I am taking 1 round in the track now....others are taking 5,6 8 rounds!!! wow...I pray that in a years time i should be doing 3,4 rounds !!! my back aches a lot...but that will go away i think...how are you all doing??

Great news that you are walking a lot, I am sure you will be walking 3 to 4 rounds in a year!
Thanks for the update,

great news - I am sure you will be able to go further as time goes by

hi all...i am walking a lot...on the jogging track...but every person overtakes me...though I try to walk fast....well its because I hvent been able to walk for years now...and leg muscles are weak....but I am taking 1 round in the track now....others are taking 5,6 8 rounds!!! wow...I pray that in a years time i should be doing 3,4 rounds !!! my back aches a lot...but that will go away i think...how are you all doing??
It's so good to hear that you are walking again! :yes!::) :happydance::yay:
Well done!
I'm sure that you will continue to improve.

hello....i work in a school...i should be taking rounds going upstairs.....but it was impossible earlier...but now also i am just sitting in my office...when i can go up...i can take rounds....i do have pain while doing stairs...but unless i climb stairs often how will my muscles get stronger.....unable to motivate my self....i love walking on the track....but school...no....somehow i am avoiding it.....:nah::groan:

i think after the morning walk I feel tired...maybe thats the reason....or maybe its just an excuse....

It takes a while to build up stamina. Is it the muscles that hurt or opperated area. Stairs are hard om weakened muscles.

Legin THR Sep 14

hello all..i have been walking 1 round on the track for quite some time....today i am planning to make it 2.....hurray....will take a painkiller later....and see how much pain i have...but now my legs dont pain at night...earlier i used to toss and turn....

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads