Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Ditto, me too, me too.
I will leave so I arrive at least an hour early in case something happens to make me late. I just hope I don't need a bunch of appointments before they fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I can't speak to what happens in the case of a revision or of the protocol the Doctor in Wichita uses but I only saw Dr. W. one time prior to surgery. He did an x-ray that day, looked at it while I was there and explained it all to me. Hopefully you'll get his best answer when you are in there on Wednesday.

Roxie

ROTF this is hilarious. One of these days we will run into each other.

I hope not literally, though....:rotfl:

Today's report is a little worst. I was sitting eating lunch. When I got up I had the usual sharp pain from the patella. Then the knee cap caught and pulled down like it was stick on something. It was scary, felt like something inside was caught and being pulled down. It eventually pulled down. It was totally weird. Took about 20 steps before it finally let go.

Sigh, I have two more days and I see the first OS about revision work.

Sometimes people at work can be so cruel. My boss irritates me, when I get up and the sharp pain on the patella makes me grimmace, he makes a remark like "what's wrong with you now". He is the same one that gives me Freud because another lady that had her knee replaced came back to work in two weeks. Then he says your knee is made to last for ever, depending on what you do on it. It's just infuriating sometimes, just because he is skinny and has no knee issues.

He just has no idea. No one can who hasn't dealt with this. Don't let him get to you….

Roxie

Yea I know, I work so hard around here. Harder than most do, and when I need some patience and understanding while I am going through this, I didn't need a kick in the side from him. I talked to my wife about it, she says he really doesn't know. Trying to understand that people who lack a perspective from experiences often fail to know they are being harmful instead of helpful. So this is another aspect of the patience thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so excited, In 48 hours I will be seen my the OS about my knee.
@Kansas Teacher I hope your OS has all the break bed side manner you mentioned.
I will put my questions on my phone, does he mind answering questions?

I thought his bedside manner was great and I had questions on my phone. After we finished talking I checked my phone to see what we hadn't covered and then we covered those things too. Hope you have an equally good experience.

Well I watched two of his videos, he seem really nice and approachable.
He has about ten years experience as a doctor, the other one has 15 years.
He commented about OS needing to do a lot of surgeries to have the experience in the video.
I was going to complete my forms today, but relied they didn't send me a pin to register for portal, sent and email to get that.

Ouch Ouch Ouch, this knee cap is catching like crazy today, I don't understand what has changed. Wednesday will be here soon, then I have to wait two more weeks for the other surgeon. Patience = quality care & good recovery.
So if they just do a spacer, what happens if I loosen up again. Sounds like a question to add to my list.

Just caught up reading your thread Wberry and I'm wishing you get all the answers you need when you meet the surgeon on Wednesday. I look forward to hearing what he has to say.
Also, your boss is a douche as I told someone who told me last week I was limping, that I would love to see how they would be after the surgery I had and all I did moving the week before. Sometimes I would love to kick these people in the shins

Brenda

Kick them in the shin... I've threatened him with, after my knee heals, a knee to the crouch. :rotfl: Figured that metal would do the trick.

Well folks, tomorrow is the big day. I take one of two needed major steps toward getting back on track again.
My thanks to all for their encouragement and support. I needed all of you to get me headed in the right direction.
I have my question list ready, but i will let the OS talk and then if he didn't cover anything I will ask. Wish me luck.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom