TKR Was it good for you too?

TwoBad

Country
United States United States
Okay, I haven't been on this site in a LONG time. I (like most) had to make that decision to jump in with both feet (well, knees) on TKR. I had both done during the summer of 2010. So, I just turned 66, and the new knees turned 12. I average the old parts and new parts and figure I'm really about 60 right now... Anyway, I've had heard the "post" TKR stories from many folks now, some good experiences, some not so good. For me, I'm super lucky. Best decision I ever made. I do everything I ever used to do but now with no pain. I think the real threshold "post" time is when you realize you've gone the whole day and didn't really think about your knees at all. Its all just normal. I hope everyone eventually gets there.
So, when asked, I volunteer that my opinion. If you need TKR (and believe me, you know) then do it.
How has your experience been?

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by to share an update. Your message will be encouraging to all following behind you. I hope you enjoy many more years of a full and active life with your twelve year old knees. Peace, happiness and good health to you!
@TwoBad

Thanks for sharing your experience and how you are doing 12 yrs post op. I find it very encouraging to hear stories like yours.

I had bilateral TKR 8 months ago and at this stage I am not 100% recovered but I seem to be making slight improvements each month. I am hoping by my 1 year anniversary to be much closer to a full recovery and moving toward being pain free.

I find it painful to do lunges or to kneel. How do you find doing these movements now?

Again thanks for sharing your thoughts and good luck with continued success.

You are the very reason to have this surgery. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back