Waiting for February bilateral knee replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jle57

Country
United States United States
Now that I have finally decided to do this I just want it over! Worderful site with great information and great people. Thank you for such great support ! My surgery date is
22 Feb. 2017

I had a BTKR nine years ago. In looking back, I wold do it again! One pre-op, one surgery, one hospital stay, and one recovery. You do not have on TKR, recover and wait for the next one!

I am sure that, when you are fully recovered, that you will agree that the BTKR was the way to go.

Congratulations on your date!

Hi Jle57. I am having bilateral TKR on January 19. I agree with you I just want them done so I can start to get my life back!

My OS says they use an online pt program called Focus Therapeutics after replacement surgery. I will have no outpatient pt. Had anyone heard of this or have any experience with this type of rehab?

Never heard of it. I Googled it and got a head office website under that name. I'll get one of the girls to research it for you (and me!). However, we are trialling a system here called Peerwell but I'm not yet convinced. I am much more inclined to see people recover from their TKR with NO exercising at all! I did not a scrap for either of my knees and many other members have done similarly and we've all had really good outcomes.

I recommend you read my recovery thread to see how little exercising I did for either knee! Knee recoveries UK style Parts I & II (Josephine)
BoneSmart philosophy for sensible post op therapy

I could not find a company with that name with an online PT program. Could you have the name wrong? I am the type of person who gets medical names all muddled!!!

Good luck with your surgery, my BTKR was October 6th 2016. It is challenging but doable! Keep reading here, lots and lots of good info and support. Take it easy with PT, raise up your seating, bed and toilet. Be prepared for a slower than you think recovery. Ask any questions you have, almost assuredly someone will have experienced it.
Blessings,
Lene'

@skygirl yes big typo it's force theraputics ( not focus) ! that might make a difference !!

Having my surgery at the Rothman Specialty Hospital in Bensalem.

Feeling sad. I had every intention of attending the woman's March on Washington today with my daughter. But, after learning about the logistics and all the walking decided to cancel. As I limped back to my car after dropping my daughter off I realized it was a good decision. I am so looking forward to the day my knees don't decide what I can or can't do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom