THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

Aren't you the little crafty one! :thumb:. Sleep is definitely one of those things that seem to take forever. Of course I've had trouble sleeping straight through the night for years so if I get 3-4 hours straight I'm thrilled! And, luckily I have no problem falling back to sleep.

Happy Valentines Day fellow hippie friends! :loveshwr:

Quiet day for me this year. Early appt. with my GP. Nice to get out in the fresh air, but exhausting. Took a three hour nap. Still icing.

Excited to see what changes week three will bring.

Yay! My husband and I started calling the longer sleeps “magical nights” to our adult children’s chagrin. Lol. It became even funnier when we later added it was aided by a tiny pill (a few weeks post-op, I eventually asked the doc for something to help “reset” my sleep.) I’m not advocating anything here. I just wanted to commiserate with you and share some humor that got us through the rough patches. Prayers for continued healing and many more “magical nights”. :)

4hrs is miraculous. Congratulations. The world always looks brighter after some decent rest. I have sunshine outside my window even if it was -5 this morning. It is up to 20 now so went out and played ball with my 90#puppy. He was very happy. He rarely if ever gets cold as he has a double coat that sheds all the time and dark fur and the sun just makes him warm to the touch even. I fed my birds and they were happy also. We have a couple of cardinal pairs plus woodpeckers downy and red bellied that are hre year round and of course chickadees, some blue jays periodically and mourning doves and some other small birds. It is quite cheerful to watch them all sharing the feeder and the seeds that fall to the ground. Periodically there is even a squirrel eating on the ground amidst the birds with no one being nasty or upset. I hope you are having a sunny day also.

Another :yahoo: ! My knee is starting to bend better. I tested it in the shower. I will ask PT if I can safely switch from the slider bench to small bench this week, in the tub and have her review it with me. Bye bye swelling, little by little.

Thank you @Hip4life for sharing your experience and humor! Much appreciated.

@leejaa Yes, some continuous sleep is fantastic.

Oh my, a 90# puppy! I bet he was happy to have you in the yard playing.

I do not dare go out in the yard just yet, because my 75#puppy may side swipe me doing his happy circular runs around the yard, like a maniac, when he celebrates me going out in the yard. He is joy in motion.

I gave up feeding the birds as my hip got worse. I do miss watching them. You have a lovely menagerie of wild entertainment.

You might want to take the walker into the yard when you first go out with him even if you do not need it in the house. I really liked my walker for protection when he was younger and I had my knees done. He is a touch more settled now though I have to be extra careful on the stairs as he is a clod and tends to barrel up and down stairs not paying attention who is in the way.

I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your jeans. Progress is wonderful.

You might want to take the walker into the yard when you first go out with him

Absolutely! Pierre is ten, but so full of joy when I go out with him. I might just stay in a smaller area where he can't do ground ripping, huge circles of joy.

Getting out of the house is no problem. I put my non_operated hip and leg toward the door, for him brushing against me. Getting into the house, things get cozy. I think I will leave the storm door locked open. Thank you! Its cloudy today, but relatively warm. Think it is time for a nap and maybe later we will get some fresh air.

Yes progress is wonderful! Baby steps.

Day 18
@leejaa My PT person made learning how to get out of the house safely, a priority today, with my big dog. :dogsniff: He goes out first. I leave the storm door locked open until I get back in.

So good to get out for a few minutes. We settled on a safe place to sit. I keep my phone with me.

:yahoo:

Also, she exchanged my slider bench for a smaller handicap bench, which I already had. We practiced the best way to get in and out of the tub. :egypdance:

I have not needed to use ice for a couple of days now. Off pain medication. :yes!:

I did find out how weak my new hip muscles are for a few seconds yesterday.:yikes: I was just using my cane for a short distance and I started listing to the right, but my muscles on the right were not engaging. Thank goodness I caught myself on some furniture. New respect for how long this process will take.:bow:

It's a really sunny day today. :SUNsmile: I hope to get out of the house again for a little bit. Hope you are having a good day.

You're doing well, just continue to take it slow and easy. Get outside again for a little bit of sunshine if you're able, always does a body good! :thumb:

Wonderful news. You can get outside safely and can use your shower a little more easily. Huge steps today on the recovery road. It makes one feel like a new person when these wonderful things occur.

It will take a bit to build up strength - you were limited in your abilities for a while with that bad hip. However, you will be surprised that it does come back with just doing things around the house eventually and being able to move without pain. I get some stiffness when I get carried away but it eases up quickly and I still find myself smiling that I can walk across the room or get in and out of the care without pain.

You are doing so great taking it slow and steady. I hope you have a peaceful evening and night. We have sunshine today which is such a gift.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom