THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

V,

Was instructed to remove mine at one week...looked weird, but no sign of infection. The team closed my incision with a zip device - think two glued on plastic panels with dozens of pull tabs to pull the sides together. This was peeled off at two weeks, during my first visit with the PA who had closed for the doc. Incredible how good it looked at 2 weeks! Lumpy, sure, but way cool.

Here‘s my day by day story for light reading .

Hope today is a great day for you!

Good morning
@VSlowLife
Yay!! Going home today!!! Safe comfortable travels to home.
That is interesting. My surgeon said to take my dressing off today. Not even a week after surgery for me! And mine was glued on too. No weird pains there, no oozing or leaking. Just some numbness and swelling there. Said he wanted it exposed to air but I cannot submerge in water. Hard to
see what incision looks like because it extends across my butt. Long scar so no
more bikini shots (last one taken 40 years ago)
Hugs to you!! Home sweet home!
Debbie

Last edited:
Day 3 was a turnaround for me too! :yes!: I also went home, then major log leg / swelling kicked in till the end of the first week. But then, really started to see good progress, with the usual ups and downs and blues mixed in. No doubt about it, the first 7 days were definitely slug like and mostly in bed and lots of getting pampered. Well deserved! Congratulations, you are on your way!!! Rest and ice and elevate as much as you can, keep up the pain meds (don't try to be a hero) , and you will make good steady progress. :egypdance: I can't wait to read your progress reports.

Wonderful news that your nausea and blood pressure are under control. I am sure you will be glad to be going home to your recovery nest. There really is no place like home no matter how nice and kind the hospital staff is. Have a safe trip home - take ice with you for the trip. When you get home, get comfy and take a nap or a reclined rest with ice.

Happy Sunday! :wave:
It's good to read you're feeling better. Safe travels home.
It will be so nice to be in your own space. Wishing you comfort and lots of restorative rest.
@VSlowLife

Pace yourself. Rest and Ice.
Thank you. Yes and small steps. Let the walker slide just a bit in front, I was told.

Everyone from the aid, OT, PT, my nurse and the fellow who brought me to the car in a wheelchair were very observant with all of my small movements. They are in my head, when I move. God bless them for being so patient.

Good Morning @VSlowLife
Hope your first night at home went smoothly and your pain is well managed.
How did you sleep? Even if it wasn't great...now is the time for guilt free Happy Nappys! :yawn: :sleep:

Wishing you comfort and a peaceful Monday! :)

Wishing you a peaceful pain controlled day. The first days are the hardest but there is light coming. We have actual sunshine :SUNsmile: here today which is wonderful. I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world also. If not here is some just for you:SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

Yes, sun is shining. Gorgeous day.

I think I dropped a couple of pounds of fluid out of my system last night.

Very broken sleep, but I kept telling myself it is keeping my blood circulation in good shape. Having a recliner has been so important, for me.

Took a shower. Very draining. Nurse coming soon.

Plenty of icing, going on. Not much appetite.

That first shower feels so good. The input/output ratio on fluids took a while to get back to normal for me. If nothing else it gives you plenty of practice getting up and down.

Enjoy the sunshine, enjoy your playlist, enjoy your day :) :-) (:

The first shower! :happydance: Such an awesome feeling, so worth the fatigue after! Keep icing and rest as much as you can. Slow and steady.

Ahh, shower days. :loveshwr: Sooo nice but I was remembering just the other day that it was a major ordeal at first. I was so exhausted I had to sit down and rest a couple of times before I finished drying my hair and doing a small slap of mascara and under eye concealer. It was a huge accomplishment when I could make it through shower mornings without having to rest along the way! You'll get there step by step, you're doing great!!! :yes!:

Yes! Water does a lot for the good of our bodies and spirits. Sounds like things are progressing nicely. A few ups and downs will be normal but isn’t it great to be on this side of the THR? Big sigh! :yay:

Everything is very tiring at this early stage. It is good to hear that you managed the shower which should help you feel better. Getting rid of fluids is also good. Don't forget to stay hydrated - also important for healing and constipation issues. I hope you have a restful night even if it will be sporadic sleep at this stage. Recliners are a boon for recovery. :sleeep:

I was so exhausted I had to sit down and rest a couple of times before I finished drying my hair and doing a small slap of mascara and under eye concealer. It was a huge accomplishment when I could make it through shower mornings without having to rest along the way
I just put my hair in a towel and took a long rest. No energy for make up,for a while now, but my daughter was my make-up artist in the hospital for discharge. That felt great!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom