THR Very scared

@Ava one of my hips is a Smith and Nephew. At joint class they passed one around so I played with it. This one was metal ball on super fancy poly-something, the one that was known to be best at the time. I don't remember what my second hip is because the name did not catch my fancy as much, and I didn't have to go to joint class, being a graduate already. I accidentally turned Smith and Nephew into Smith and Wesson, and some wag on here commented "gives a whole new meaning to 'shooting from the hip!' " I hope that gave you a giggle just now.
I wish I could minister to your fear of insufficient pain medication somehow. Earlier this year I read a number of recovery threads here, and was absolutely flabbergasted at the number of folks who were happy using OnlyTylenol. Since I went through some percocet of necessity, I figure these tylenol folks were the beneficiaries of improved techniques. And I'd had an OS who hit 10,000 hips after about 8-9 years of doing that approach, so he wasn't a novice. May your surgeon give you the very best in both surgical and pain management departments!

All my posts are gone???? Am I doing something wrong.

@Ava What posts do you think are missing? Have you scrolled back to page 1 of your thread. They all seem to be here.

Reactions: Ava
@Jaycey that was the problem. I didn’t scroll back. Thanks for your help.

I'd suggest trying Magnesium Glycinate as it causes less stomach or intestinal distress than other forms.

I saw that you had a question about this on another thread, and I found this recommendation by @ Layla.
Hope things are getting better for you.

I’m having my surgery on 12/2. My lower back is in a lot of pain. My hip doesn’t even hurt. Anyone have this happen. Thanks

Certainly in my case, @Ava :yes:
Lower back pain was My Major Complaint.... So much so, that it led me on a long 18 month journey for answers with PT, X-rays, MRIs, bone scans and neurologist visits. All to no end with finding any problem with my spine.

Possibly the lower back pain was so chronic and worsening, if I would have had an achy hip, I might not have noticed.
My range of motion was definitely affected and I had alot of stiffness which again - I attributed to back issues.

Finally, the neurologist wanted a simple x-ray if my hips...another check this off the list...or so I thought.
Results showed endstage OA in both hips at age 53. What?!?
Referred hip pain resulting in lower back pain is fairly common, I understand.

It has been proposed by previous studies that reduced ROM of the hip might contribute to the pathogenesis of lower back pain, by leading to a greater lumbopelvic rotation in compensation... inducing increased mechanical stress in the lumbopelvic region.

It took some time after my surgery to get all lower back and SI joints sorted, but it is 95 percent good, which I will take any day!

Exactly what happened to me. I was dx with Polymyalgia rheumatica 10/19 and on prednisone for 4 months. It took all that time for my primary care to finally refer me to Otho and that’s when the told me both hip need replacement with left being worse. I’m angry because I wasted all that time in pain and being depressed because the couldn’t find anything. I hope the hip replacement will give me some back relief. Thank you for getting back to me. I have hope.

Wishing you a successful surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. I hope we see you on the shiny (recovery) side when you are up to posting.

:hi: @Ava
Sending healing thoughts in advance...
:loveshwr:

Thanks everyone. Just arrived at the hospital. I will keep in touch xxoo

All the best @Ava ! See you on the other side soon!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft