Revision TKR Multiple knee replacements

Have a question pertaining to periprosthetic osteolysis, and yes I have read symptoms talked to surgeon. The pain and swelling has become a constant problem and while a hinged knee will ( fingers crossed ) solve some issues that is still 2 months out any suggestions on dealing with pain other than what I am currently doing?? I am using an ice pack several times a day, use Diclofenac / Voltaren cream same amount if not more, I am on a 5mg Butran patch ( 2nd week no improvement yet, change patch every 7 days ) take a 5mg Oxycodone pill only when pain is severe and then I only take one there have been times when I have taken two but only when its really bad. Have tried other over the counter with no luck what I am doing now helps but wish it helped more.

I didn't find the diclofenac cream to be all that useful for me (I was prescribed it earlier this year when I first found out I had osteoarthritis and a badly torn meniscus). I ended up being switched to the oral version of diclofenac, which has had a little more impact. Do you find the cream does anything for you?

While its not perfect it does help, once I apply and rub it in I get approx 20 minutes of relief. At one point few years back I used Bio Freeze while the cooling effect was great other then that it had no medical effect. Not that a torn meniscus is fun ( those were my first 3 surgeries ) your recovery time is a lot less then having a total knee. In my case having been thru so many surgeries my recovery time is a year give or take.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom