Lounge Doctor

Revision TKR Update

OP
OP
N

NFenske

Country
United States United States
The odds of this being successful based on my history with this knee are slim. That is not saying I want this to fail either but after 19 surgeries which include 6 total and 1 revision and now I need another odds are not looking good. This may seem negative but I have read and been forewarned by surgeon a hinged knee does not last as long as a regular TKR and yes there are exceptions on here Pumpkin and from what I read online there is a percentage that do well years after so yes fingers crossed this will turn out okay. If it doesn't last but a few years as long as it addresses some of the issues currently having with instability swelling pain tenderness to me that would be worth it vs the way it feels currently.

OP
OP
N

NFenske

Country
Have a question pertaining to periprosthetic osteolysis, and yes I have read symptoms talked to surgeon. The pain and swelling has become a constant problem and while a hinged knee will ( fingers crossed ) solve some issues that is still 2 months out any suggestions on dealing with pain other than what I am currently doing?? I am using an ice pack several times a day, use Diclofenac / Voltaren cream same amount if not more, I am on a 5mg Butran patch ( 2nd week no improvement yet, change patch every 7 days ) take a 5mg Oxycodone pill only when pain is severe and then I only take one there have been times when I have taken two but only when its really bad. Have tried other over the counter with no luck what I am doing now helps but wish it helped more.

Spacedust

Country
I didn't find the diclofenac cream to be all that useful for me (I was prescribed it earlier this year when I first found out I had osteoarthritis and a badly torn meniscus). I ended up being switched to the oral version of diclofenac, which has had a little more impact. Do you find the cream does anything for you?

OP
OP
N

NFenske

Country
While its not perfect it does help, once I apply and rub it in I get approx 20 minutes of relief. At one point few years back I used Bio Freeze while the cooling effect was great other then that it had no medical effect. Not that a torn meniscus is fun ( those were my first 3 surgeries ) your recovery time is a lot less then having a total knee. In my case having been thru so many surgeries my recovery time is a year give or take.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Joom39
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom