@Miss Muffet , yes the raised loo seats are so depressing! Mine stares out of our downstairs loo & I loathe it - we had to fix the wooden seat & lid to the cistern with gaffer tape so it looks even more appealing!! I have a friend coming for coffee tomorrow, & unless she uses the bathroom 3 flights up she's going be confronted by one of those monstrosities! I've managed without a shower seat, but did have a commode - oh dear, shades of things to come (but hopefully a long way in the future).
Well, the Christmas puddings....I found it really difficult to stir the huge bowlful of fruit etc, & the faffing about with bowls, greaseproof "lids", foil lids & 6 hours steaming had me in tears of desperation -everything was in the wrong place or just unreachable with the hip. Husband, who was frantically writing reports & who didn't need the hassle, suggested I just give up & go to Waitrose, but having weighed & mixed lbs of fruit, nuts & spices etc last week for the first mix I was hardly likely to just chuck it!
So by this stage we decided to leave the Xmas decorations till next week, when his term is nearly over - I had to draw a line somewhere. I find the tiredness absolutely overwhelming at times-literally. I think I overdid it with a marathon session in Waitrose with husband & M-in-L, & it seems to take 24 hours for the exhaustion to hit me.
Yes, the other hip had been fine, then about 6 weeks prior to my op it just pinged - a massive tearing sensation in the groin. My theory is that these are labral tears - I have a hypermobility problem which I think makes me prone to them & this can lead to OA as the bones (?) aren't properly supported. Anyway, at x Ray the surgeon said it was halfway to needing replacement too.
By the way, my knees are really complaining after all this new walking. Do you think that's normal? They feel really stiff.
And yes, I keep getting my husband to do the TEDs just before he goes to bed (he's a morning person, useless by about 10pm), & the look of resignation on his tired face is just pitiful! His mum is far better at it, bless her, as she too wears them all the time, but I try not to tell him that as wrenches my foot off.
So, last day of compulsory crutches tomorrow!! I feel the surgeon was right - somehow I'm just ready to let go now. But I'll do it in stages, carefully.
And yes, we should be in nicer clothes by Christmas!! Something to look forward to!!