TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

Thanks @Sara61
So glad that your knee is good too & that you are now a Forum Adviser!!! Lovely that you can help
so many people with your lovely, kind & friendly approach...Take care xxxx

Hi there @Mojo333
How are you my love ... thanks so much for your good wishes & for all your amazing kindness....I’m so happy with my knee & hips...thanks to the lovely people on BS...
just amazing to be out of pain! I was so worried about the knee being done... but it’s been just fab!!!

Hoping you have a great Summer too... love & good wishes... Chrissie xxx

Hi there @Tykey
Hope all going well... yes, hopefully will be able to travel .... Beachy Head is on my agenda !! Photos to follow!
My stamina has returned.. just in time for release of lockdown... can walk more now... . hope you have got there too!! It’s just amazing to have no pain now...

Take care... cheers Chrissie xxx

Hi Chrissie- remember from the hip side of the world? Like you, I have ventured over to knees . So glad you have had a good recovery!!

Thank you @Hoppy Nanny I had so much wonderful advice from everyone here on BoneSmart so when Jamie kindly asked me I happily accepted.
Fortunately a few rainy days ahead, been spending too many hours weeding my garden so can barely move my knees & back :groan: so a bit of ice & elevation back on the cards for me for the remainder of the week- the knee still a bit temperamental...but what I've learnt here on BoneSmart this is still normal and on going healing.
Keep in touch - love hearing of your progresses. Virtual Hugs to you Sara xxx

Hi Hoppy, isn't it strange about stamina, it doesn't seem related to how our knees recovery is going.
My knee has been up for walking for many weeks, but tiredness was the problem. Then suddenly, about 2 weeks ago, it was as if someone pressed a switch and my energy returned. Walking miles now, and really enjoying it, as are the dogs.
I wish Beachy Head was just down the road from me, I'd be up there all the time.

Hello Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

Happy to read that your knee and hip are playing nice and giving you freedom to move about pain free. How are things over there? It is a strange world right now. I think of you often and hope that you can get out there soon and enjoy life with your pain free self! Sending lots of love and wishes for a happy Summer!! xxxxx ❤️

Hello there!

It’s my Knees First birthday & I couldn’t be happier with it! I forget i’ve had it replaced now. The two replaced hips are fabulous too....it’s been a fabulous 6 months despite the pandemic... having no pain whatsoever ... & then this Friday I was out to dinner & my other knee stuck... couldn’t put any weight on it at all... I’m babying it now & hoping it’s just a blip... the surgeon did say it showed significant signs of wear... gulp!!!!!! I was having a fab time in a ‘Party House’... A night at the Musicals... following all rules of covid .... and then had to hobble out... couldn’t put any weight on it...

Hope everyone is doing well.... if you are having a knee replacement ... don’t take any notice of the scare stories.... with the help of these lovely people on BoneSmart you will be fine.... it takes time & patience for sure.

Much love. Chrissie xxx

Hi @Hoppy Nanny :wave:
So good to see your post and see that your three new joints are happy.:happydance::egypdance::happydance:
Guessing your questioning if you are going to eventually have to go "quad"?
Hopefully, just a blip, as you said.
Stay safe and well, friend.
Great to hear from you.

Thanks @Mojo333

Lovely to hear from you.
Hoping to stay away from replacement no 4 but who knows.

Hope you are well & covid is not disrupting your life too much.

Much love & thanks for all your invaluable support...
love Chrissie xx

Hi Chrissie Congratulations :yes!:on your Knee Anniversary and great to hear both your hips are doing so well too :roseshwr: I can totally relate to the other knee, I think that it must be feeling envious of all the attention the newly operated one got, as mine too is playing up and I'm feeling that old achy pain I had prior on my operated knee, however if a replacement is on the cards at least we now know what to expect and the future without any nagging aches and pains at the moment is extremely appealing.
Sadly our life is about to change once more, the virus is alarmingly on the rise, we (in Portugal) from tomorrow by law have to wear a mask outside, not only in cafes /supermarkets but now everywhere, groups of more than 5 are not permitted and many restaurants are not allowed to open after 7 pm, it looks to be a long dreary Winter, just praying my daughter will be allowed home for Christmas :praying: but as the corridor between Portugal and England is now closed the chances are looking very slim.
Stay safe and keep in contact, sending Virtual Hugs to you
Love Sarah :flwrysmile:

Every so often my old knee will show itself, wanting attention. Then, just as fast it'll calm down. I bet yours will, too.

Hi hoppy, so happy to see things working out for you. My mind was wandering the other day (as normal), and realised we still hadn't seen that picture of you on top of Beachy Head. I wish I lived closer we could have done it together

Hi Chrissy As we are rapidly approaching our 2 year mark, I was wondering how you are faring, what with the pandemic etc etc. Hoping this text finds you in good health, fit and active on your new knees.
Big hugs from Portugal xx

Hi there @Sara61
So lovely to hear from you....thanks so much for thinking of me.... .I’m doing very well ... replacements on hips & knee doing amazing... I forget I’ve had them done now.... which is just unreal...
My own other knee plays up from time to time... but ok at the moment... I’m doing a fair amount of walking with my doggies... enough for me!!!
The pandemic is slowing down here & we can now go & eat outside with one other household.... just in time for our 50th Wedding Anniversary on 24th April... we had planned a huge celebration & a cruise...but we’ve cancelled & have a small celebration with just our daughters & family over two days...

My 2nd jab is booked soon so hoping this covid nonsense will settle down for good!

Do hope that your knee is holding up & life is returning to normal in Portugal. It’s been so tough for everyone .... especially those whose ops have been cancelled....

Sending much love & hugs.. Chrissie x

:wave:@Hoppy Nanny
Good to hear you are doing well.:loveshwr:
I am also happy to see some normalcy returning and glad you will be able to celebrate 50 years?!:flabber: You must have gotten married at 5 :) :-) (:

Hope you have a great anniversary and pop by from time to time.
Hugsxxx

Great to read your update, normalcy slowly returning to Portugal too although our vaccinations program dreadfully slow but we now have more freedom of movement and last night we actually had dinner at a friends house which was so lovely after so long of self isolating.
Congratulations today for your wedding anniversary may you both celebrate many more and have a fantastic day today . Hugs & Love to you too xx

@Hoppy Nanny - just checking to see how you are doing? Hopefully all good and that you are now enjoying life to its fullest.
I'm bravely "doing it" again right knee has decided it too wants pampering and is seriously causing me grief so hopefully in a few months I can be running around on two bionic knees :walking:
Sending hugs to you xxx

Hi there @Sara61

I’m doing fine… thanks for asking … hips & knee all behaving perfectly… so good!
I’m sorry to hear you are having knee number two play up & demanding attention…. but, you know that once it’s done… you’ve gone through the bad bits then you can then get on with your life again… minus the pain….

My other knee does play up but not enough to demand attention yet!

Take care hun… I’ll check in & see when you have a date & keep you company…

Much love Chrissie xx @Hoppy Nanny

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties