TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

@Hoppy Nanny I just caught up with your knee thread--sounds like you're doing really well--outings and driving are all good for the spirit and a sign that the knee is progressing nicely.

@Hoppy Nanny Hi Chrissie well I have now been given the ok to drive. . .YEA .. but the darn car ( Automatic one) has just broken down and the garage can only fit us in beginning of December lol so I'm stuck yet again... arrgh ( I am a believer that everything happens for a reason haha)
Finally managed to ditch the crutches but I walk slightly funny as I'm too busy concentrating on not limping - how are you coming along?

oh what a bummer @Sara61
Just when freedom was on the horizon... I drove down a quiet road yesterday & all was good.... might try further today !!!!

I don’t use the crutches at all indoors now but take one when I’m walking outside... a bit of a security blanket, I think.

All going well... had physio this week ... ok when I was there but had terrible pain in the quads that kept me awake all night... ok now though!!

Can now walk upstairs properly .. just feel a pull on the quads but think it helps with stretching them out. 6 weeks on Monday & feeling much more normal... just feel tired if I overdo it!!! Onwards & upwards!!!

Hi Chrissie today is the day :driver: and I'm going to drive my low bmw Manuel car as physiotherapist has taught me how to get in and out without getting stuck - my DH is going shopping with me to give some support and hopefully from Next week (weather permitting) I can drive myself to and from physio classes xx
Well done on driving ...gives us our independence back and proves that we are doing ok on this rocky road to recovery.
I have been told to ditch my crutches full time :) I might buy some hiking sticks as feel too young to have a walking stick ha ha

I miss all the banter we had with @Tykey hopefully he will reappear from time to time and also your fun posts from your many outings all doom and gloom on here isn't fun reading :sorry:
Wishing you a fun normal pain free weekend - keep in touch hugs Sarah xx

Well good luck getting into your low BMW ....
and that you enjoy the driving...
:hog:

Who told you to ditch the crutches??? Only do it if you feel you don’t need them...
Sometimes I even take my wheelchair & use it just to walk behind... it so helps me to walk properly.... I’m too old to worry about what others think!!
My daughter, her hubby & grandkids came for dinner last night.. made 2 lasagnes (one veggie) & was completely exhausted by the time they left... it’s surprising just how much rest this body still needs!!

My hubby has been decorating our spare bedroom & Ive been kept busy ordering new furniture & accessories ... it’s a full time job...I gave to get things sent to my sis’s house & infiltrate them slowly so he doesn’t know :yahoo:
Hope you have a great weekend!!!

My drive was a success so now feel confident to get out and about, we did our grocery shop and by the time I got home was totally cream crackered- one is led to think we can do so much more but the knee is definitely in command now elevating and Icing whilst hubby prepares my lunch (hihi)
I managed without the crutches but took control of the shopping trolley for support - I will take 1 crutch and keep it in the car as my knee tires easily and like you says we are at an age where he can do things and not give a toot- enjoy decorating what fun we refurbusted our home last year and I'm still trying to get rid of stuff we collect so much unnecessary clutter.
Wishing you a fun weekend xxx

So happy to read you are gaining more mobility day by day Chrissie. Sounds like a wonderful dinner with family. Take it easy friend. Don’t do anything crazy! Hugs and kisses. @Hoppy Nanny

Hi Chrissie haven't seen you post in a while here's hoping " no news is all good news"
Missing your uplifting amusing threads.
Wishing you a lovely weekend Big Hugs Sarah xx

Hi @Sara61
Lovely to hear from you!!! I’ve had a good week... been out driving in my car... so lovely to be able to take off on my own...
Saw Surgeon on Thursday... he was extremely happy with my progress...flexion good thinks a few more degrees to & extension excellent..
Got to see him again in three months...

Finished decorating & dressing guest bedroom... thank goodness!! it’s kept my mind off myself & my knee though.
Thus last few days i’ve been able to sleep either side & to walk outside for short walks without a crutch ... got my first hydro appointment on Tuesday.

We’ve had family visiting all weekend & they were so happy that my knee has been well behaved....so.. all in all a fab week... I’m stopping myself booking too many outings before Xmas as I feel I need to pace myself still.

Hope you are progressing well too ...

love & hugs Chrissie xx

Hi Chrissie I'm over the moon to hear you are doing so well I'm so happy for you. Its great to get our independence slowly back and these little achievements make it so worth while - I often look back at the early days and how the horrendous pain and awkward knee kinda seems a bit unreal. Just as everyone said it does improve every day although if we do too much we do get the odd unpleasant kick in the shin ha ha:oyvey:
I see my surgeon for my 8 week post op visit on Wednesday, - for future reference I want the ever present clicking registered in my surgery notes, hopefully with time it will disappear but just to be on the safe side I want it noted. Hopefully my rather expensive 3d Xrays will shed some light. (Fingers crossed) Not that I can foresee any solution other than reopening and realignment of the said joints ....Nooo not doing this again ha ha ..
My physiotherapist told me on Thursday that my "Good knee" was far stiffer than my new knee and it won't be long before I will be needing it replaced you can guess my answer to that :bignono:

Anyway like @Helizabug asked what is hydro? Is this in the swimming pool and if so what exactly will it entail.
Sending virtual hugs Sarah xx

Hi girls
Hydrotherapy is just that... exercises in water! just provides a little more resistance which they feel will help my quads & hamstrings...

Put my Christmas tree up yesterday! Knee got a bit fed up by the end but not too bad as I was back & forward checking it out!!!

Hi Chrissie so glad that you are also coming along in leaps and bounds.
I might think about hydrotherapy after the holidays however I have never been a fan of indoor pools please update on your progress with it.
All around me everyone is putting up Christmas trees/decorations but as we are going to our lodge in the North of Portugal (in the mountains) I will wait until we get there. My daughter flies to Porto on the 20th so looking forward to seeing her.
Hopefully will be fit enough to join them on some of the easier hikes.
Big hugs Sarah xx

Wonderful to see how well you are doing @Hoppy Nanny

Exciting to have your tree up to enjoy. Glad your knee cooperated with a little merriment decor. We plan to chop down a tree this weekend. My boys will do all the hard work. May have to let go of lighting this year. I usually do that unaided as I am far more picky than my crew.

Happy your water exercise is helping. Sending lots of hugs sweet friend. ❤️ xoxo

Hi @Hoppy Nanny
Stopping by to say :hi: and leave a hug :console2: I read elsewhere that you have some friends suffering with terminal illness. I'm so sorry as it must be difficult to watch those you love struggle. I hope you're doing well with your knee recovery. it's hard to believe it's been over two months already since your surgery. Much love to you with wishes for many blessings in the New Year!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:baby-jesus

:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: Hi Chrissie hope you are being kind to yourself and not "rushing of your feet" unfortunately this time of the year one tends to get caught up in the pre-christmas frenzy and usually it's us "ladies " doing the majority of the "running" :running:or in my case fast walking ...
We are safely settled in the North two major storms have hit us so far, torrential rain and wind but plus side it's warm indoors at least Gabriella arrived last night after a hazardous journey but at least she got here safe and sound so the festivities can now begin :carols:. Update on my progress which I'm hoping is similar to yours at nearly 10 weeks am able to do most day to day living...
Infact only really notice my knee if I stand too long in the same place ( cooking etc,) and ,am still quite uncomfortable at night as getting into a comfortable position is hard as I still get the stiffness and tight band feeling - annoying click still present but have followed Tykeys advice and mainly ignore it.
Swelling not too bad again depends on how much I do, but lately my knee has been worked hard and is holding up so all in all I can't complain.
Wishing you a very :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: will catch up with you in 2020 sending hugs from a very stormy Portugal Sarah x

Dropping by.jpeg dear Chrissie to wish you and your family a very peaceful holiday season and that you relax and enjoy yourself and heal.

Sending hugs and kisses from afar.

Christmas Peace Joy Love.jpeg Izzy xx

Hi everyone

Thanks do much for your lovely Christmas messages...
So sorry i’ve been “off piste” for a while but two dear friends of 40 plus years (husband & wife) have both been diagnosed with terminal illnesses with the last 6 weeks... it’s been quite traumatic trying to help them deal with the situation and consequences... it’s certainly put my knee into its rightful place.

However, it’s Christmas time... a time to celebrate no matter what! So wishing everyone on this amazing platform a very merry christmas & a happy but more importantly, happy & healthy knee & hip New Year....

We are in Kent (East coast) for the two days.... with my daughters & families and 5 dogs.. staying in an hotel for two nights.

My knee is great.... really sounds like @Sara61
that we are at the same point with recoveries...
I’m so grateful for all your support @Fit4Family @mojo @Izabel and will get back on track after the New Year...and @Layla

Much love to all Bonesmarties old & new....

Love Chrissie xx❤❤❤❤

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back