Under Pinnings

@Berber7227 In my opinion it's best to understand the surgery on a theoretical basis rather than seeing the real thing ... unless you are someone with medical training and know you can handle the sights and sounds of an intense surgery like hip replacement.

And yes the sign warning of no meds and tendency to snarl might be a good idea :) The week or so without meds prior to joint replacement (sigh been there, done that, X3) really sucks!! I know there are good medical reasons why they do this to us but also it does let us know the surgery is truly needed!!

Less than a week to go now! You will do fine and soon will be dancing on the other side :loveshwr: :curtsey: :happydance: :dancy:

There was a guy in pre- op class, asked how does this all work? Simple: saw, drill, hammer!!! Just a thought, does our new hip weigh more or less than what we have? Am I going to lose weight?

@Berber7227 -I think the new hip weighs a pound or two more than the old stuff! And I was like you--I didn't think anti inflammatories were doing much until I had to quit them. Hang in there--not much longer.

Not much longer now :) I wasn’t getting any relief from meds before surgery so didn’t have that problem. It will be great for you to get rid of that pain! The only thing that helped me pre op was heat. Does that give you any relief?

Have not tried heat. OS said Ice! Will try heat right now!!!

Heat. Yes. Heating pad was very helpful as I was in same shape as Gretel.
Ice for next week, and the week after, and the week after, and the week after.
Hang in there. We are rooting for you.

Turned on the heated mattress pad! Got out the heating pad! Finally some relief!! Hips still painful, but legs feel much better!! Thank you

Glad some comfort to you.
Seriously not alot alleviates that pain at this point. Sort of works to our advantage with pre-op anxiety situation...because I was like...okay Time To Get This Done. No regrets!
It's taken some months Berber but I am one happy double hippy.
Feel decades younger and spirit revived after years of OA pain.
Won't be long now!:chuckmarch:

Nervous yet?
Hope you are also excited? Bye bye hip pain:happydance:

Really weird, not nervous at all. Usally I am a basket case!! Over did yesterday, trying to get packed for move to Mom's. So going slow today!

Good for you. I was hurting so much before my surgery that I guess "resigned" was more my feeling.
Had I known how life altering this surgery would really be, I would've thrown a party.
Don't get me wrong..took a few months post op to get to that realization but have had no regrets.
Glad you will have someone looking out for you!
Not long now.

Great that your not nervous! Hopefully all your prep is done and you're ready to rock and roll.
Surgery will soon be behind you and you'll be back in the comfort of your own home.
Wishing you a peaceful day as you wait......It's all going to be good :flwrysmile:
@Berber7227

@Berber7227 Whoo Hoo one more day!!! It sure sounds like you have things well in hand. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you prayers and healing vibes.. Why not start your recovery thread now so it will be ready and waiting for you when you feel up to giving us updates? Be sure to tag it with the green Bilateral tag :yes!:

Healing wishes your way:loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks