TKR Uncomfortable

montanagal

Country
United States United States
I'm 10+ weeks out from my second and having troubles too. It's amazing how different the two knees have been. It's like they connect to opposite brain hemispheres which react differently.

My first was more sensitive to heat but not cold. My new one hates ice but doesn't seem to mind being covered and warmer the way the other one did. Sleeping is terrible land I admit in the middle of the night I still take 5mg oxycodone just to alleviate the pain caused by side sleeping and get some more sleep.

Elevation really helps when worse comes to worse.

OP
OP
T

TNR #2

Country
I am still having some pain and swelling. I am six months out. Had exray and Dr. Says there is no infection, outer portion of knee is still numb and I sometimes experience pulling behind the knee and tingling stings that come quickly and leave, I have pain down the shin and up the thigh. Thinking some of it maybe residual pain from my sciatic nerve. Has not been a easy time.

DEL2022Jan-23

senior
@TNR #2
It is great that your doctor didn’t find any issues in your X-rays, in particular no infection. That is very good news :yes!:
This is a journey of recovery that comes with setbacks, twists and turns, two steps forward and one step back BUT it will bring a freedom when we are able to use our knees without pain!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

TNR #2

Country
Thank you for the encouragement

Scaredycat10

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have hamstring and popliteal strain problems behind the knee and have been told it can be exacerbated by the position of 'the leg' on the operating table. I am assured 'it will go eventually'.
Flipping well hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The numbness on my outer knee will also subside apparently too as the nerves which were shoved this way and that during the op, will gradually get back in place.

I am two steps forward and one back at the moment, in spite of being told 'you're ahead of schedule. Well it doesn't feel like it as my knee is stiff as a board after sitting for a couple of hours [playing Bridge] and the [pain when forgetting to push the car seat back!

I am theoretically supposed to have my right knee replaced as the osteoarthritis is advanced in that one too although not yet totally bone on bone as my left was.

Not if I can help it!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lyla
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom