TKR UK operations

RICBAK1

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Anyone in the uk having any operations at all, just had another appointment cancelled for my knee.

I think a lot of the hospitals are overwhelmed with Covid cases in the UK, my best friend is a nurse in London and she told me all elective surgeries are cancelled for the next couple of months, only emergencies are being dealt with ( namely accidents ) Likewise here in Portugal it is the same story, I've been basically told my surgery will now only be in 2022 unless the Covid situation changes.

A year out? That’s crazy. I hope that turns out to be wrong. I guess until those of us waiting for surgery- really, until we are admitted the day of —there’s a chance of being postponed. It adds another layer to the emotions mentally preparing for surgery

Given the recent lockdown instructions I doubt there will be much elective surgery anywhere in the UK. Areas are now overwhelmed with Covid patients.

Hang in there @RICBAK1 ! These are tough times!

Hi @RICKBAK1

I’m also in the UK had my pre op yesterday for TRKR on 18 Jan. my hospital (private) have cancelled all surgery this week so I’ll probably get cancelled too. The name of the game atm it seems.
Cases are rising at an alarming rate in my area. All a bit scary.

As Jaycey says, we have to hang in there!

yes i was cancelled at private hospital waiting now for NHS hospital they say i need more care this time private do not have staff on call at night .

A friend of mine is booked for a major op on Monday, at an Nhs hospital. As of today its still a goer. Not highly urgent nor elective, just run of the mill.

I think this is a bit of a postcode lottery at the moment. All depends on the burden of Covid patients in a specific area. Still - your friend is lucky to go ahead.

Hi @RIKBACK1

Any more news on your op? I have just had call to say my op on (TRKR) 18 Jan is cancelled. It’s a private hospital but they are taking on NHS cancer patients whilst NHS deal with the virus patients, which is right and proper. Let’s hope the numbers start to come down soon.

@Carmencita - I'm sorry to hear your surgery has been postponed. So close to the promised date, that's hard for you.

I've removed your name from the January Jackpots surgery list. Do let us now when you get a new date, wont you?

Hi Carmencita no further appointments for now due to co vid and no more injections in knee due to co vid so will keep on with co-codamol. Never mind though i am still breathing that is mane thing hope to get injection soon for co vid ,keep well.

No need to worry about knee or co vid today we are snowed in nothing except 4 wheel drive can get up our road today had 6 inches up to now its great living on a hill great views till snow comes.

Yeah, you can enjoy the snow when you don't have to go out! Except for :snow plough:I'm assuming 6 inches is pretty unusual in the UK. Fairly normal here. :) :-) (:

Hi yes we get snow sometimes up north as we say,my grandkids think we are lucky down south they do not see snow got down but struggle to get up but kids enjoyed daft grandad pic and view from our porch
IMG_20210115_104842_440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20210114-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210114-WA0000.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 176
You have got to have a bit of fun at moment i am afraid my knee replacement is not the most important issue at moment it is keeping safe so i can see my family more,Hope everyone is doing well,we will be back to some normality soon ,booked my caravan site for summer that is what i am looking forward to.Hope i get 1 more year with grandaughter before she goes to college.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back