TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

That is such good news :goodpost::wowspring:I'm impressed ....kneeling .... I only did it once ( very briefly and unintentionally) but am not going to repeat it for a long time as it was so painful after :tantrum: (mind you the floor tiles didn't help)
Your Missus must be happy to have her handyman back once more. I'm sure you'll keep improving day to day
Bet you miss the Jam roly Polys thou .....

The latest shipment of essential medication has just arrived

IMG_20200128_160134.jpg

I don't think we have those here. I've not seen them. If they are as good as you say, then it's a good thing I don't see them here! I love junk food.

It has magical healing properties in the recovery from TKR.
Martha Stewart knows how to make it in the USA

Glad your doing so well! I choose to do both knees at the same time. Didn't want to do it twice. Harder getting it all together but knowing it's done keeps me going! Two months today but been told I have few more months to go before I can be relieved of the discomfort I feel daily! While sleeping I have to be sure my knees are placed properly or a BIG surprise when I turn. Felt so letdown until I found this site now I don't feel all alone+++ know the pain no sleep etc. Is normal for this surgery. Enjoy the day!

Comfort food certainly the best medication out there - :) :-) (:unfortunately cannot stand too long in the kitchen had a wee set back with my knee on my last visit to the doctors he had juniors with him - whom were non too gentle in pushing & pulling my knee needless to say I was livid as I now can barely walk on it ... anyway no harm done I hope but have been advised to medicate & rest for next 2 weeks :hissy: :hairpulling:

Lol I think at the end of my consultation both senior & juniors doctors got the message ....Next time I think they will think twice about manhandling someone without permission...lol
Anyway paracetamol & iberbrufen doing their trick feels easier today.
Yes my sister forewarned me told me to bring thermals...she lives in Salisbury and I'm House sitting whilst she goes away, killing two birds with 1 stone my brother is in a nursing home in Salisbury after suffering a major stroke so not really a holiday as such- unfortunately going alone as DH can't take holidays hopefully the week will pass fast plus side my daughter will come up for the weekend from London, hopefully knee will have sorted itself out by then.

My 5 month report:

The progress was continuing, but at a slower pace, less swelling and stiffness. I was already doing everything I wanted, but had very limited energy. So things like my DIY in the bathroom was taking ages because I quickly got physically tired, and kept stopping for a rest, and it was too easy to leave it until tomorrow.

I'm not sure if the jam Roly poly has been effective (but it's a good excuse to have some more), but over the last few days the energy has returned, and the leaden feelings of my muscles have disappeared. Walking the dogs is much more of a pleasure, rather than a chore.

It's a strange and unpredictable recovery, isn't it!

Spring has sprung in the UK!!!

Extreme winds, and torrential horizontal hail, floods, transport chaos etc etc.

Having a great time, NOT. My walking physiotherapy has been cancelled for today

It has been very cold in here in the great lake state! Two days below 30 degrees and I DID feel that in my new KNEE. Which felt stiffer. I cannot wait for more healing weather. Did not want to have surgery in the winter but it worked out that way and was not a problem until we dropped down really low in temp.

Spring has sprung in the UK!!!

Extreme winds, and torrential horizontal hail, floods, transport chaos etc etc.

Having a great time, NOT. My walking physiotherapy has been cancelled for today
Yep, I've cancelled my outdoor physio today as well. Just waiting for the other half to dish up my dinner. It's a hard life!

Yargh... Wish it would 'spring' here. Michigan winter goes on and on with February being the longest slog.
THINKING SPRING! ...:flwrysmile:...

Just been watching sky news hoping that in your neck of the woods your not :swim: looks pretty atrocious fingers crossed by the 26th it has cleared up . Stay safe n preferably indoors x:kayak:

Thankfully we live on top of a hill, plus our local area missed the torrential rain. Terrible in some areas not far away.
It keeps happening doesn't it, drought and fires followed by floods in Oz. Etc etc.
Hope your steady recovery is continuing well.

Now 5 1/2 months, and onwards and upwards.
New carpet fitted yesterday, so I spent most of the day moving furniture. The sofa is far too heavy to lift, so I just had to push it. Afterwards, I realised that I did it entirely by using my new knee to lever it along, but I didn't realise it until I finished.
Then I was scrabbling around the floor stopping my central heating pipe behaving like a shower.
Then out for walkies with my pooches.

Delighted to say my new knee came through without a murmer, no pain, no swelling, no more stiffness.

So for anyone early in your journey, you eventually reach the light at the end of your own tunnel.

I put it all down to my PT (never did any!)

Stay positive.

Just been out shopping with SWMBO, and she asked why I had started walking stiff legged and stooping.
Bad habit I guess, because I don't need to, so I don't any more

Well done - feels good and great for our confidence a moral booster xx
I still really concentrate on my gait, feels still very stiff legged occasionally dh says stop limping - I too guess that's old habit...but an sure with time it will right itself - been using my fitbit and have gone from last week 3000-4000 steps to 14000-15000 steps this week so big change.
Feeling quite good about it all so fingers crossed that carries on.
Mentally preparing myself for UK weather and the cold ....here it is 19 degrees & sunny

It's chucking it down again today
These habits do take an effort to change. I find myself going up stairs one step at a time, but I don't need to!
Wallpapering today! Twisting at the top of steps isn't easy, yet!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back