THR Two New Hips in Six Weeks

So, 6 months from RTHR and 4 1/2 from LTHR, I thought I was done with icing at night, but now I’m doing it before bed again with the wedge pillow, adjusting the big cold packs so they go hip to thigh ... because I occasionally have these stabs of electric-type pain in my outer thigh. I’ve been at the gym several days a week, nothing too strenuous but I use one or another exercise machine for 30 minutes. I thought about calling the OS to ask about it but I just think it’s one of those phenomena that happen while the tissue is healing. We’ve discussed the outer thigh numbness/tenderness before. A lot of hippies seem to have it. Generally I feel excellent. That’s it. Hi everybody :)

Attachments

• 83CAA597-7EBE-4935-A8B4-FC1E841404D3.jpeg
    83CAA597-7EBE-4935-A8B4-FC1E841404D3.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 265
The zingers were awful. I had them around weeks 5-7and my doctor said they were a result of things waking up, and the increased swelling/pressure from the fact I was so much more active. I had asked on here if adhesions could be a possibility and Josephine said not. I backed off of my activity a bit, and continued the Tylenol and ice--within a couple weeks they stopped. I haven't had them since then.

I'd be curious what would happen if you took a week or two off from the gym/exercising with machines? Even if you aren't in pain, you may still be causing swelling as the tissues are still recovering for up to a year or more. Just a thought. I'm sure some of those with more experience than I have will have additional thoughts.

I don't envy you those sharp, searing pains, or having to go back to the icing in bed. As much as ice helps, I can't say I love the sensation of icing while I'm sleeping!:gaah:Hope things turn around for you soon!

The zingers were awful. I had them around weeks 5-7and my doctor said they were a result of things waking up, and the increased swelling/pressure from the fact I was so much more active. I had asked on here if adhesions could be a possibility and Josephine said not. I backed off of my activity a bit, and continued the Tylenol and ice--within a couple weeks they stopped. I haven't had them since then.

I'd be curious what would happen if you took a week or two off from the gym/exercising with machines? Even if you aren't in pain, you may still be causing swelling as the tissues are still recovering for up to a year or more. Just a thought. I'm sure some of those with more experience than I have will have additional thoughts.

I don't envy you those sharp, searing pains, or having to go back to the icing in bed. As much as ice helps, I can't say I love the sensation of icing while I'm sleeping!:gaah:Hope things turn around for you soon!

Hey @Debru4 , thanks for that. I think I may have overdramatized! The zings of pain are infrequent; yesterday I only had the one. Iced briefly before bed, then slept for 9 hours. I'm thinking I should ice during the day now and then, especially after exercise.

PS Thanks for the positive assessment, @Jaycey . This forum has been such a help.

I just walked to the market and Ubered back with my groceries. It was not long ago when I couldn’t walk that half a mile without distress. I’d take a break and rest on a park bench two blocks away to steel myself for the rest of the trip.

I can’t believe how resistant I was to getting surgery when my then-PCP told me I’d be needing it. The amount of post-op discomfort and hassle, for me, has been fairly minor compared to the payoff I’ve already gotten.

That sounds right. I know what you mean about the emotional pressure. Knowing I’m “in the range” helps me give myself a break.

Yesterday and today it was upper 50s here, so great to walk, and I also went to the gym today. Really contributes to a good night’s sleep for me That continued healing ...

I’m attaching the latest photo of Albert, who of course just gets cuter with every passing day.

Attachments

• 1BD75FA1-2F77-4EAC-92D9-05F17626E8A6.jpeg
    1BD75FA1-2F77-4EAC-92D9-05F17626E8A6.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 228
I'll ice all the way to age 70 if when I arrive I can look decades younger than my actual age as you do.
How are you doing that?!! You faux 70 yr old :heehee:

I think you're doing extremely well, zingers and all. Don't want you hurting though.
Hugs for the hurting times :console2:
@EL11

I'll ice all the way to age 70 if when I arrive I can look decades younger than my actual age as you do.
How are you doing that?!! You faux 70 yr old :heehee:

I think you're doing extremely well, zingers and all. Don't want you hurting though.
Hugs for the hurting times :console2:
@EL11
Awww thank you @Layla ...

No zingers today. Some general achiness. Nothing compared to a year ago! Sometimes I have a fatigue attack and take a deep nap like in the first post-op weeks.

You guys super rock! @Alitm even if it was your OS, I’ll take it! Now all my posts are incorrect—fake news!

Yep, it’s true, @EL11 is a changeling...she is Benjamin Button, aging backwards. Let’s plan her Sweet 60 party!
(Or Sweet 16!)

@Layla you are pretty young looking yourself, you young whippersnapper!

Hi @lovesstars
I hope you're having a good week and staying on your feet.
Not sure about you but we've been driving around on an ice rink for two days it seems, no matter where we were driving. Awful! Snowing again. I'm over it. It's the time of year when Spring Fever sets in.
Give me some blue skies and green grass :tantrum:

I hope all is going well with your recovery. Wishing you a nice weekend.

@Layla just got to LA to do my mom’s taxes/finances.
And yes, it is cold here too...though no snow and ice.

I also have spring fever...when I get back to Madison this weekend I am going to buy grass seed and plant it in little pots around my house. I LOVE to do that in February. It is JUST THE THING for my spring fever (which yes, I always get). It is hard to believe that I am usually still in wool socks in May...but true. I was just telling @SurreyGirl this morning that from November until at least April I sleep in wool leggings and a wool robe. She agreed that makes me super sexy. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

You're a hoot! :rotfl:
Love the grass planting idea.
Enjoy your time with mom. I'm a smidge jelly. Ok, I'm lying, I'm big time JEALOUS!
Safe travels back home too.
@lovesstars

If I told you, @Layla that I am actually just sitting at the kitchen table in sweatpants with a computer, an old-fashioned adding machine and a pile of papers....for the next two days...would you still be jelly??
‘Cause that’s really all that is.

Oops! Me too! @lovesstars It's easy to get lost in this world of threads :sad:
EL11 is sweet, she won't mind us saying Hi over here, she's just chillin, taking her morning sip
from the fountain of youth, no worries. :heehee:

Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend @EL11

Oh, you all make me smile....well, actually a bit of a laugh....maybe even a little snort.....:heehee: Hope you all have a great weekend coming up, wherever you are, whatever you are wearing, and whatever you are drinking. And yes, El11--I WILL take some of that champagne as I read all of your fun posts!:loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back