Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

So thrilled to read your update!! Incredible to read how well you have bounced back. Have enjoyed sharing this ride with you. Wishing you a fun filled summer @JennyLynne ❤️

Happy Two Month Anniversary, Jenny! :wave:
I hope you're having a great weekend and doing something special to celebrate.
Wishing you only the best as you continue on the journey. :walking:
@JennyLynne

Happy 2 Month Anniversary! You've been rocking this from the beginning!
:egypdance:

Thank you for the anniversary wishes! It was a really great day... I took the day off because it was the last day of school for my son, and a half day at that. I went to my very last PT session (!!!!) in the morning and took my son to a pool party in the afternoon, and rounded it out with a neighborhood bbq in the evening.

I stopped using any walking assistive device and it feels great!! The first few steps after sitting are rough, but I loosen up quickly. My back is nagging me a bit because I hunch if I am not paying attention to my stride. Even so, I am walking so much better and my posture is so much more straight. My whole body feels different. All good!

Congratulations on the 8th week. Enjoy the time with your son as it goes fast. Never believed it myself but my son is 20 now and made us dinner. I can get to a few here now that I am 2 weeks post-op. I read your posts and wondered how you did it with a little one. I couldn't though I had mine at 46. I dont have to worry about shaving though since menopause the hair on my legs stopped growing - a real perk of menopause. Summer solstice is around the corner. Have a lovely summer with your son.

@mikeycat compared to my knee surgeries, this was much easier since my son is now 7 - and a sweet helpful 7 at that. He has been unbelievably considerate and patient, I am so lucky. But after your comments, I want him to start cooking! :heehee:

@JennyLynne Go for it and teach your son how to cook!!! My youngest was about 7 when he started learning - and made his first full dinner when he was about 8yo - spaghetti ( and learned a good lesson - put cover on pot when heating sauce!) Twas messy that first meal but he learned well and was an excellent cook by the time he was in his teens. My oldest wasn't much interested but he did get taught the basics of feeding himself when there's no Mom around :)

@djklaugh he used to help a bit but lost interest. I definitely need to get back to it. I was thinking about signing him up for a kids cooking class - I think he would have a blast (and maybe stop being such a picky eater!)

So so happy to hear you are doing so well.:chuckmarch::chuckmarch:you and me doing the chicken dance in your honor:loll:

What a great update, Jenny.
You've really come through this so far with flying colors :happydance: So awesome!
I hope you have a wonderful week...thanks for the update.
@JennyLynne

Congratulations on your 8 weeks! So happy for you that you are doing so well and not having to use any walking devices! Thank you for all your post and updates. You are truly an inspiration and have helped me through my journey just by reading yours:) best of world to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone... 10 week update here! All in all, I am feeling really good. I am getting around quite well, but the first few steps after sitting are ugly. Having a desk job does me no service - I sit far too long, far too often.

I definitely overdid it this weekend, but I have to say it was worth it. We went to a party on Saturday night - it was outdoors, a beautiful night, and a dj... so I just had to hit the dance floor! We had so much fun, but I was quite stiff and puffy yesterday.

Instead of being a good girl yesterday, I accepted an invitation for my family to join some friends on their boat. After lots of rainy weather, we finally had a summer-worthy weekend and I just couldn't say no. Getting on the boat was humbling - trying to figure out the best way to climb on - it was not graceful!! And getting off... oh dear, it was even worse! But, I survived and my son had the BEST day.

Today... well, it ain't pretty. But I'm managing and licking my wounds and have some great weekend memories to help me along. :ok:

Glad you had fun, JennyLynne.
Sounds like a pretty action packed weekend. I wish you comfort and hope you bounce back quickly.
Happy Monday! :wave:
@JennyLynne

Sounds like an action pack fun weekend Jenny... so pleased you are getting your life back.

The start up stiffness goes on for some time... and you’ve two to contend with....Great stuff... now have a rest! [emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy 10 Week Anniversary! Sounds like you had a blast this weekend! Sorry today is rough, please take it easy on yourself. I have to agree about the desk job, was told after back surgery that it was the worst thing for me. Did I listen, nope!

Keep up the great recovery, you totally amaze me!
:loveshwr:

@Elf1 I know... but, am I going to shift careers after almost 25 years? Hindsight, I guess, on this one! lol
I got a standing desk but I have not used the option since I have returned to the office (nor did I use it much at all before but don't tell my office services team). I need to get better about getting up and moving. Some days, I am bouncing all over this office from meeting to meeting. This week, I have barely moved. Balance... I need balance!

I know what you mean about switching careers and finding a balance! You've been doing great and I'm sure you'll get it all figured out eventually.
:friends:

Happy to read your update @JennyLynne Sounds like you are enjoying life. Pretty impressive that you got in and out of a boat!! Right with you on desk job. I’m struggling with sitting too. Hope you have a great summer!

Hi everyone... just passed 12 weeks and feeling great... except for SLEEPING!!! Looking for some others' experiences or maybe just to commiserate. I slept fairly comfortably on my back for quite a while, which I attribute to my adjustable base bed. A couple weeks ago, I started feeling the strongest pull to side sleep again. It's like my body won't sleep on my back anymore?!!

So sidesleeping... holy moly, it hurts! After about 30 minutes, whichever side is along the bed starts to throb - hip to ankle - almost like a deep cramp. I flip over, and repeat every 30ish minutes. It's been a nightmare! I thought I would be out of the woods by now. I have so little discomfort otherwise, but the pressure along the bed is unbearable.

We are travelling next week and I am panicked about hotels and such. I don't know what to do!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back