Tub seat?

julie1968

Country
United States United States
My Dr recommended I get a seat for my tub to sit on and slide into the show since I have a step into tub/shower. Getting suggestions was it hard for you all to get in and out of the shower? Do the people who have experienced this recommend one?
Thanks everyone just trying to make sure I'm prepared.

Yes, get a tub seat. You will not be able to lift your leg high enough to get into the shower from a standing position. The seat allows you to sit from the OUTSIDE of the tub, then swing each leg over the side of the tub until you are safely inside. It will also keep you safe from falls as well. Best wishes for a healthy recovery.

There should be no difficulty getting into and out of a bath. Just look in the 'comprehensive list' Celle left you a link to. Get a bath shelf but also get a leg lifter. That's how I did it.

A bath bench was a life-saver (well, cleanliness-saver) for me. My bench had two legs outside the tub and two legs in the tub. It was easy to sit down and get both legs inside, then enjoy my shower. I used a hand-held shower head and was happy to have that.

You may find it difficult to stand for very long in the first few weeks. Everyone is different, of course, but don’t be surprised if you find standing either uncomfortable or very tiring. That’s another reason a tub seat or shower bench is useful.

@SusieShoes Thank you. I'm getting a bench this week. Figured standing would be hard for a week or so. So much helpful information in the forum

At first, having a shower will tire you out.
I found it useful to have a chair outside the shower, so that I could sit down while I dried myself.

@Celle good idea. This forum has made me feel so much better and getting great tips and information

Add me to the list who loved having the bath bench. It really helped with getting in and out of the tub shower. One tip is to practice with it in a dry tub before your surgery to make sure you have it set up right and in the right spot.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back