TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

What a great physio today
I woke up and it just felt different. I actually flopped out of bed and walked to the bathroom before I realized I did it. No pain. No massive bend stuck in place. Hmmmmm?

Pt and I talked about things last week and decided we are no longer actively working on extension as it was only causing massive swelling and pain. And my flex was deteriorating as well so we went back to the old plan. I asked her to measure my flex before we did anything and it was still tight. 72 heel slide on back - she then measured after my passive movement treatment and 86 sitting over bed edge pulling it back.
:yes!:

I also started taking tumeric curcumin on Saturday and visibly the knee is way down too. I’ve talked to so many people including OS and they suggested it may work for me.

My pt said she’s curious to see how track walk goes tomorrow. So am I!

Last edited:
:wowspring:That's a great turnaround. I'm so pleased for you, I swear by turmeric for inflammation. It made such a difference to my tendonopathy, so I hope it works for you too.

@Lindylee research is giving a huge mg dose range. Can I ask what dose you took?

It’s only been 48hrs for me (HAS to be a coincidence it feels so different so fast right?) and taking what the bottle dose says but that is way under recommendations I’m reading so I’m figuring that part out. :scratch:

I began with 3 x 500 mg. 5 days later I realised I'd been walking for 15 minutes with no pain in my hip and I never looked back. I dropped down to 2 x 500 after a week. Prior to taking it I couldn't lift my right leg to go upstairs, not had a problem since. After taking turmeric I could walk the best part of an hour before the hip started to ache, whereas it had been almost constant before. The pain would wake me up too. An ultrasound showed my tendon to be very inflamed, full of holes and frayed. I tried reducing the dose down to 1 x 500 daily, but the pain levels rose,so I'm convinced it works for me. If you're on a much higher dose I don't see why it wouldn't be effective sooner.

@Lindylee thank you! I took 450mg Saturday and Sunday and 900mg today. It’s nuts how loose and fluid my knee feels. Actually creeping me out!

I so hope it works for you :loveshwr:

It was a friend who recommended it to me. He took it for a frozen shoulder. I've since recommended it to a friend with knee problems and it's worked for her, but not for another friend with a hip problem. Why or why not I have no idea :chinstroke:

@traceys, you haven't had any stomach distress from it? I did and had to stop it. You make me want to try it again.

@sistersinhim not one bit. I have a stomach that reacts to everything and no probs at all. I was told to take them with something fatty as they absorb better

Now, fatty chocolate I have no problem with! I still have some Turmeric. I think I'll try it again! Praise God that you are having such a wonderful outcome with it. Yay!!

So happy to see this report! I take that tumeric as well and it really works! I'm so happy for you and on to better days ahead!!

Hi Tracey: I'm a backpacker and a big fan of poles; I've used them even on dayhikes from well before my knee issues. you probably know this but fitting is important with these. I see lots of people holding poles with their wrists down around their waist. Not helpful! I've found that having my forearms roughly parallel to the ground, with my wrists perhaps slightly higher, is optimal. Play around with this and find what works best for you.

Hi Tracey: I'm a backpacker and a big fan of poles; I've used them even on dayhikes from well before my knee issues. you probably know this but fitting is important with these. I see lots of people holding poles with their wrists down around their waist. Not helpful! I've found that having my forearms roughly parallel to the ground, with my wrists perhaps slightly higher, is optimal. Play around with this and find what works best for you.

Turmeric is apparently better absorbed with pepper too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @traceys , glad you are doing well , might have to try Tumeric, do you get it from the health food shop?
Been busy with Grandies,Work, and pregnant Girraffes cant beleive I got hooked on April again Ha Ha

Chris:flwrysmile:

@gecko i actually got it at my normal supermarket in the vitamin section. Absolutely stunned how well it’s working for me. Got up this am and I’d say my stiffness is maybe 1/5th of normal. Hubs even was doing his morning check before he left and said “what’s that bump?” I said “kneecap” :yes!:

Pregnant giraffes??? Uhm.....:what: lol

Great will have a look sounds like just what I need:)
Dont tell me you have not heard of April the Girraffe at Animal Adventure park in Harpursville NY, I am hooked 2 years ago I spent the whole of March waiting for April to give birth on You Tube, which she did on the 15/4/17, and now she is about to give birth again, you should have a look :))

Just a word of caution - always check with a pharmacist if taking any other meds. Turmeric does thin the blood, so if anyone is on anticoagulants don't take it. You have to stop 2 weeks before any surgery too.

Great it seems to be working for you Tracey

Just another opinion. My husband and I started taking CBD with Tumeric capsules. These are guaranteed to not have THC in them, even a trace. They have made a huge difference in my husband’s joints and they have helped the arthritis I have in my hands.

Can’t help it ... the photographer in me believes a picture says everything!
:happydance:

8D4ACA4C-571A-4E94-B082-54BBBB254197.png

This turmeric conversation is great! I've been meaning to try it and now I'm definitely going to get some.
So happy to read that your feeling better, Tracey!

@gia2cats I know many people that swear by the cbd. Would you mind messaging me the brand you use? It's so confusing when I looked at it on Amazon.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back