TRKR Tomorrow October 1

minnflor

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone - so glad I found this wonderful site. I've been poring over pre/post-op threads for a few weeks and now my turn is almost here. Surgery is scheduled for 7am tomorrow morning.

I've got osteo in both knees - my right knee has been giving me trouble for 7 years. I have done physical therapy and Ortho-Visc, but both have lost effectiveness in the past year. For me, it's definitely time.

I'm feeling quite nervous and have been keeping myself busy to keep my mind occupied. I know that I'm not alone in this feeling :) I've never had even minor surgery, so this is all new to me. I'm having this done as an outpatient, so I'll be sure to provide detail on that experience, as I know it's not common (yet).

Thanks again to all of you wonderful people who have taken time to share your experiences. It's really helped me to plan and prepare and I hope I can return the favor.

See you in the post-op forum!

You will be first in and first done! That is a good thing. Your staff at the hospital knows you are nervous. They do this every day and we do not. They have methods to help ease your mind. I was given something IV and a very cozy warm inflated blanket; and nodded off as in a nap. Only it was not a nap exactly.
The nerves will become acceptance.
As in all things unknown we imagine the worst.
Bon Voyage!

Welcome to the forums and good luck in the morning. I think the staff will take excellent care of you. They know how scared we get. I've always found surgery staff very compassionate.

I'm scheduled 10/28 as outpatient as well. I will be following your progress....

You got this. Everything will go smoothly. Let us know how you're doing.

Hope you surgery went well today.
I look forward to following your journey, like you I'm new to this and my surgery is next week.
Please keep us posted
Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

I was given something IV and a very cozy warm inflated blanket; and nodded off as in a nap. Only it was not a nap exactly.
A cozy warm blanket sounds lovely, what a nice idea.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks