trhr

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickgad

i am 2 weeks after trhr and have been walking without my cane for 5 day am able to walk up stairs normal still cannot put socks on and tie shoes also still have bruising in back of knee and calf

dickgad
Welcome hippy.
Sounds like you are doing awesome. For the first 2 weeks I went from my recovery recliner to the bathroom and up to bed. Exercises in between , but I was still using crutches.
Keep up the good work, but don't overdo it really can be a roller coaster ride for some of us, me included, remember to still rest!!!
Judy

I had my right hip replaced in June, it is awesome

thanks judy i had no pain in my hip the next day was an awsome feeling looking forward to get back to cycling and all the thing i could not do before i have had severe hip pain for 9 years Dick

Well, if you had pain for 9 years and now had had major surgery, please don't think you're going to be back to normal in a couple of weeks. Pace yourself. Don't rush into anything, please.

That was my hubby's fave thing to do,,,helping me put my sox & shoes on, It took a few weeks! (I didn't have the heart to tell him I could do it myself any sooner!)

Oh - too funny, Judles!

Judles that is funny
I knew I could not get anyone to help me with mine and it waas summer, so I was in flip flops until the day my doc commented on them. He was noticing how messed up my gait was with the knees.
So I told him it was all I could do as the kids were not going to put my shoes on me. So he gave me permission to bend over and tie shoes.
Judy

Hurray for flip flops! But since I had my surgery in November,,,,that wasn't really an option for me with the cool November weather!
Judy,,,,the first time I really bent down I was terrified, expecting Lord knows what! But then when I realized everything was ok, gradually I did more & more! ::)

Hi both J's,

Leaning down to tie my shoe the first time was such a great feat. I remember emailing all my colleagues at work about my day's accomplishment. Must have been around 6 wks. Though my hubby was very helpful, think he was just as glad. I do say though that it is amazing how adept you get at using that grabber. I remember using it to pull on my socks as well as underwear, etc. But no good to tie a sneaker.

My flexibility is still not great--am thinking of taking some yoga or tai chi (sp?). Not as big a deal as all I have back though. Love wearing my boots with zippers for first time in a couple years. I couldn't get right one on and zippered before. I can also wear flats w/o pain now (never wore them due to not enough cushion).

Judy, hope each day gets better, just like going from winter to spring!!!

Laurie

Laurie,,,,, I LOVE that grabber, Brilliant invention,,,as is the sock putter onner,,,,Why didn't you have those elastic shoe laces? Those were a godsend since you just had to slip your feet into the sneaker & it was pre-tied! But so glad you're WAY past that now!
You'll really enjoy wearing flats now that spring will eventually be here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom