THR Trenna's recovery thread

Heeeyyy...:chinstroke: you sure that one on your avatar isn't a picture of one of mine.
Looks just like it.:heehee: Now yours WILL look like mine.
Isn't it odd to first see it. I thought so...especially when it didn't feel like all that hardware was in there.

Last edited:
Isn't it odd to first see it. I thought so...especially when it didn't feel like all that hardware was in there.

It is odd to see it at first. I took a quick peak in the tech's booth as I walked by to see if I could get a look and I saw the single view and I'm so impressed to see these new hips and know that it's inside of me, making me work better.

rps20171022_092750.jpg

Mine were taken separately and I framed them together!

I saw my OS yesterday. He looked over my xrays, checked out my leg strength with both legs, checked the incisions and removed my right hip restrictions.

I don't have to see him until next May again because I'm healing so well. He said a check in September would be a waste of both of our time.

He also told me to start aquafit, which I have plans to start next week.

I have another 9 physio visits left, and today have my assessment for the medically supervised fitness program that starts in September.

I had a back adjustment yesterday and that straightened out my wobble when I walk.

:egypdance:Glad to hear all is going so well.
I did some pool therapy and it is splendid.
Do take it slow at first... do half of what you feel up to...it can sneak up on you. Easy to overdo in the pool (speaking from experience, here)
And it never hurts until later:unsure:

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Happy Four Month Anniversary to Lefty!
Happy Two Month to Righty a couple days early :wink: Thanks for the update. It seems you're doing really well.
I hope you have a wonderful Summer as you continue healing. :SUNsmile:
@trenna

Six months post op on Lefty now...and Four months on Righty.
Happy Anniversary!
I hope all is well. Leave an update next time you're on the forum. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Best wishes!
@trenna

Six months post op on Lefty now...and Four months on Righty.
Happy Anniversary!
I hope all is well. Leave an update next time you're on the forum. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Best wishes!
@trenna
Thank you Layla!

My left hip is doing phenomenal. It feels stronger than ever, it doesn't hurt at all.

My right hip is okay. It's not as strong as the left was at 4 months. I have been done physio for a month. We ended up stopping because while I could have used more strength, I've been having terrible SI joint issues. They've hindered how well I'm feeling and healing on my right side. I have to go for xrays and get a prescription for physio targeted for the SI joint.

I'm slowly working up to aquafit classes. I'm doing one class a week as well as water walking. I'm no longer using my cane which is amazing because I used it for so long prior to my hip replacements.

I have had an ongoing lump just past the end of my incision on my right leg, basically since the surgery, but I'd had some pain recently so I talked to my NP and she gave me a requisition for an ultrasound to see what's going on and whether I need to see my surgeon before next May.

She thinks it's probably a seroma that hasn't fully reabsorbed yet, especially considering the level of swelling I had after the right hip.

Hi trenna,
I found this elsewhere on the forum. It may give you a better understanding of a Seroma, if indeed that's what you're dealing with.

The definition of a seroma is a pocket of clear serous fluid that sometimes develops in the body after surgery. This fluid is composed of blood plasma that has seeped out of ruptured small blood vessels and inflammatory fluid produced by the injured and dying cells.
seroma-jpg.68728

Please stay in touch and let us know what you hear. I hope all is resolved soon.
@trenna

The lump at the end of my incision ended up being a lipoma, a fat lump. The ultrasound found that I have bursitis in the right hip though.

Hmm, do they remove the lipoma, trenna, or leave it?
I hope the bursitis eases soon. Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Until then....take care! :)
@trenna

The plan is to leave the lipoma. It's doing nothing, not harming anything.
As for the bursitis, I was surprised, but it explains why I've felt like **** after light work-outs. I thought it was maybe muscle pain or something.

If interested...Here is an article from the Library -

Hey trenna :wave:
Happy One Year Anniversary!
A full year now for, Righty, and a couple months over a year for, Lefty.
Hopefully all is well and you’re enjoying life. We’d love to read an update if you care to share one.
All the best to you!
@trenna

Thanks! I just shared a post on Facebook celebrating the 1 year right hipiversary. My hips are doing great physically and I regularly walk a couple of km a day. Sleep is amazing (omg being able top lay in bed and not cry because of the pressure on my hips isn't there anymore), and I honestly think that the pain relief from the hip replacements has lengthened my life.

When trying to describe my pre-replacement feeling in my body vs post replacement I ended up saying before, 'For a before: Imagine a fork, but the metal that holds the tines to the handle is aluminum foil.' Now after' Imagine that same fork, but the aluminum foil was taken out and replaced with stronger elements, and now it feels and works like a fork should.'

I am continually in awe of just how much stronger and stable my body feels.

Also, the above bursitis cleared up once I quit physio.

Mental health ways though, things were not as rosy because I'm having a hard time adjusting to more mobility after having super limited mobility since I was born. It wasn't something I was expecting to have an issue with.

Hi...yay for good forks!:) :-) (:

Nice for you to mention that dropping the exercises and resting that hip cleared up your bursitis. This can really be helpful to other members dealing with this issue.
Mental health ways though, things were not as rosy because I'm having a hard time adjusting to more mobility after having super limited mobility since I was born. It wasn't something I was expecting to have an issue with
Not sure I am following you...can you elaborate on how this affecting you?

Hope today is a Good Day, friend.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom