THR Trenna's recovery thread

Wonderful news! You're making great progress. Brave to go through it all over again so soon. The advantage is you'll still be in recovery from the first, so why not get the recovery biz over with all at once.
We'll be here rooting for you. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@trenna

:happydance: Glad you got a stellar report and all is continuing to go well :yes!:

Here's the xray of my wonderful new hip. She's beautiful!

Attachments

• 20190417_CR_1 (1).png
    20190417_CR_1 (1).png
    95 KB · Views: 218
Hey! You sure that's yours? :what:

Looks like mine:)

It IS beautiful...hope your weekend is restful @trenna :loveshwr:

Looking good!
Only 11 more days until it's Righty's turn.
Wishing you comfort as you wait.
Happy Weekend!
@trenna

I feel a little silly tonight. I'm laying in bed with an ice pack under my butt on my surgical side and a heat pack on my pre-op side.

I honestly can't believe how much difference there is in the pain levels. I'm at a 1 on my replaced hip, and a 2 after a full day activity. Generally it's just minor muscle pain.
My big notice on the left side is I'm starting to get shin pain and I'm wondering if it's my shoes, the leg length difference or both.

On my pre-op side I easily spend the day at a 3-4 going up to a 6 with light activity full of radiating and shooting pains.

Another thing I've noticed is that I didn't get pre-menstrual/menstrual hip pain this time in my left, but still got it in my right hip. I'm hoping the right replacement will solve that all together because that's been the worst pain I've been getting.

Hi trenna, thanks for the update!
With two THR's within as many months, I'm sure there has been a lot of favoring going on between one leg or the other in an effort to avoid pain. My best guess is your gait is once again changing and until all settles you may have some lingering discomfort. Continue to ice as needed and hopefully you'll soon find relief.

Below is an article on Leg Length Differential.
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/leg-length-differential-lld.6173/

Also, it's advised you replace any heavily worn shoes to avoid the pre-op wear pattern.
Stay in touch...we're here for you. :)
@trenna

I can feel my gait changing @Layla. It feels weird to me, because I've had such a bad gait since I was a kid. When I was a teenager my rhumetologist told me that I walked from my knees. Feeling my leg move from the hip is different and my stride feels longer.

I read the leg length article a while back. In my case it's because of the femoral neck. Not that it was placed wrong or the implant too long, but because of my hip condition. It was one of the issues that my os set out to correct. I have (had) bilateral congenital coxa vara so my femoral neck is at a low angle and short.

Doing the first replacement caused a nearly 2cm lld. My os said the second hip will rebalance my leg length within 1-2 mm.

That is really interesting that you are able to compare pain levels between the hips with having this all happen so close together. Like, I know my pain was very different and way worse pre-op but a challenge to totally pin it all down when you don't have the pre-op pain in front of you, so to speak.

Where would lawn mowing be considered on the hip activity chart? I did about a quarter of my back yard and had raked branches out of the way before my mom arrived back to help me out after hip 2.

The hip itself doesn't feel too bad, but some of the muscles are feeling kinda tense. I did ice for about 45 minutes while watching tv as a preventative measure though.

Also tomorrow is my 2 month hipiversary!

Where would lawn mowing be considered on the hip activity chart?
I would say lawn mowing is above any daily activities. Lots of pushing and twisting so your new hip may complain. Also watch the lifting. New hips don't like heavy lifting.

Happy Two Month Anniversary to Lefty!
Two more days until you join the double hippy club.
You know we'll be here for you every step of the way.
I hope you have a nice Sunday and I wish you comfort as you await Tuesday.
@trenna

Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow!! We will be watching for you to be back on this side full time very soon!
:flwrysmile:

Best of luck to you tomorrow. Will look forward to your first update when you're feeling up to it.
Wishing you comfort as you await your surgery.
@trenna

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom