Elbow Total Elbow Replacement

sjnyc323

Country
United States United States
I am scheduled to have total elbow replacement left elbow on 1/7/16. Anyone out here have it done???

I'm going to tag @Josephine. She may have some info on this surgery. She's having some computer problems right now, but things should be better in a few days. Good luck with your surgery. Please let us know all about it. I think as the years go by, we're going to see more of these other joints replaced!

It's been a slow starter but they are getting more and more popular and the outcomes are generally pretty good. That's mostly because of improvements in technology, implant design and surgical techniques.

@sjnyc323 one of the reasons we expanded the "other joints" part of this site is due to the ever increasing possibilities in this area - elbow being just one!

Had my surgery on 1/7/16 and came home from hospital on 1/9/16

So how are you doing? Enquiring minds want to know!

Each day gets better but lots of pain still. Staples to come out next week on 1/20/16

Staples out today will start PT

Wow, your before and after pics are great. How's it going @sjnyc323 ?

Wow, your before and after pics are great. How's it going @sjnyc323 ?
Going well so far. I do have RA so I know it won't be 100% but no pain and getting stronger. Will return to work on Monday 2/29 and right elbow will be done in a few months

Suzanne

I have to agree the before and after photos are great. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. I'm looking in your signature, and it says "Total shoulder replacement January 7, 2016." Is that supposed to read elbow instead of shoulder?

I have to agree the before and after photos are great. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. I'm looking in your signature, and it says "Total shoulder replacement January 7, 2016." Is that supposed to read elbow instead of shoulder?
I am not sure where you are seeing shoulder replacement it is total elbow replacement

Someone must have made a signature for you on the site and typed shoulder instead of elbow. I wanted to verify before asking the moderators to change it.

If you're accessing the site in mobile, you can't see the signature, which has your surgical history.

Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005

Someone must have made a signature for you on the site and typed shoulder instead of elbow. I wanted to verify before asking the moderators to change it.

If you're accessing the site in mobile, you can't see the signature, which has your surgical history.

Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005

I had left TKR 11/15/1995 revision 7/30/14
Right TKR 7/20/10
Total left elbow replacement 1/7/16

Suzanne

Beautiful photos!!! Thanks so much for posting them along with your recovery progress. It sounds like you're doing quite well and I know that will be comforting to others who need this surgery and may be concerned.

Beautiful photos!!! Thanks so much for posting them along with your recovery progress. It sounds like you're doing quite well and I know that will be comforting to others who need this surgery and may be concerned.

Thanks will be doing right elbow replacement in the next few months

Suzanne

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bob5677
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom