Lounge Doctor

THR Tomorrow

djklaugh

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
@ddj Thank goodness you don't have to wait much longer! I am so glad you don't have to wait months to get rescheduled. A bit of snark to occupy your wait time ... write a letter to hospital maintenance department reminding them to replace HEPA filters in all ORs :eyebrows:

IMO waiting is the worst part of getting a new hip or other joint. My wait times from first surgeon visit to actually getting in to the OR were:
Hips = 5 months
R shoulder = 7 months
L Shoulder = 10 months

And here are some affirmations that might help :)

My surgery will take place as scheduled
I am relaxed and calm as I prepare for this surgery
My surgery will be successful
I will wake up easily and feel refreshed after surgery.
When I wake up after surgery, my pain will be managed.
My body will work efficiently to heal after my surgery.
I trust my health care team to use their skills for my good and to promote healing

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
New surgery day is 5/10/2021.
Six more months to wait. Oh dear that's a long time to be waiting
I believe the date is May 10 as the numerical date differs in different countries.
Of course! I thought the poor soul was hanging on till October!
Oh my, did not think about how I wrote the date
And that possible confusion is why it's best to write at least the month of the date in words. In people's signatures, we use this format: May 10, 2021 .

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I think we Americans are unaware there is another order to denote dates in other countries.:heehee:
I also am a military brat and there was no such thing as AM and PM in my world....
1800 hours, etc...
:) :-) (:

Last edited:

FCBayern

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Honduras Honduras
Kind of like going for a long hike. Looking down at the trail will keep you from stumbling, but looking forward keeps where you are going in view!
Keeping that in mind is a great way to see the shining light at the end of the tunnel. Pain free movement is in your future! :happydance:

OP
OP
ddj

ddj

Country
Took the advice to set a goal "out there" to focus on...
My profile picture is of a Peacock Bass I caught last year on the Amazon river in Brazil. I did have to use a cane & walking sticks to get around but it worked! Leaning on my fishing pole wasn't such a good idea.

Researching for late October a trip to Guyana to fish the upper Amazon there. Fly in on a small plane that lands on the water, stay in a small tent camp beside the river, fish (catch and release) from canoes with a guide.... I will be 6+ months out by then. Wonder if I can do it. I think the long flight will be the challenge.
( and counting on CoVid to be under control...)

OP
OP
ddj

ddj

Country
Seven more days to the “other side”... (fingers crossed this time...not sure how civilized I will be if there is another postponement)
Fortunately it is getting so hard to get around that the concern for effective pain management afterwards is not as overwhelming as the level right now.
More and more my right leg randomly does not support me, almost like an arthritic bone spur rubs or catches as the joint moves through certain motions. Is that possible?

Challenge of spending an entire nursing career working with mothers and babies, is that other nursing information is buried in my mind’s library!

Working really hard to not to fall down, especially on the narrow steep stairs in my older home.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@ddj Are you using any kind of walking aid at the moment. It might help to take the weight off that sore hip and add a bit of stability.
almost like an arthritic bone spur rubs or catches as the joint moves through certain motions
Does it feel like gears grinding? You hip is probably bone on bone and the wear does get worse with time. Baby that hip for now.

OP
OP
ddj

ddj

Country
Am using my cane most of the time now. Being stable helps decrease my limping dramatically X-ray does show the bones in contact in most of the joint

DancerHips

Country
Well you have a most wonderful goal/reward at the end of this! I myself am planning Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta (not quite as exotic) in October. Good luck next week!

Reactions: ddj

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LisaM
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom