Tomorrow is the day!

caredFL

Country
United States United States
Just had my last drink of water and shower....so I am as ready as I will ever be. I have to be at the hospital at 5 a.m so hoping to get a few hours of sleep. Planned for out-patient so hoping to be home early afternoon but we will see. Looking forward to being on the other side of this!

How exciting! Soon it will all be over and from there on, things will be improving as time goes by. :)

All the best today @caredFL ! See you on the other side soon!

@caredFL wishing you the best. Will be thinking about you. My surgery is Wednesday, the 30th, so we'll be going through this together. Best wishes to you! Please keep us posted.

I am home. Surgery was at 7 and I was walking at 11 and able to go to bathroom. Home at 12. Pain is manageable and not too bad. I got lots of local meds injected which they say last about 3 days. Icing now and will try to take a nap before home health nurse gets here this afternoon.

Amazing how you have surgery in the morning and home by afternoon here in Portugal it is a minimum of 2 nights hospital stay (my case 3 nights) and I thought that was short haha.
Hope you have a smooth recovery at first after the initial pain blockers wear off it may be tough but I can honestly say it does get better you will have good & bad days - I personally find nights the worst lack of sleep:tiredwheel: but everyone is different- look forward to following your journey xx
Good luck with the new knee x

Sara61....yes it is to me as well. My sister who is staying with me had one 5 years ago and was in the hospital 2 nights. So far, it's been great being in my own home. PT and nurse visits. Today nurse removed the drain and PT will be here in the afternoon.
On another note...I love Portugal. I spent 3 years there working with Portugal Telecom to implement a new billing system.Stayed in Lisboa and CaisCais....good memories.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom