Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Tomorrow is the big day!

Toddlermom

graduate
Country
United States United States
Forgive the brain dump. The lead up to hip #2 has been very different this time around. I feel far more disconnected to what is coming. Part of it is.....My kiddos are older at 5&7 and soooo active. Part of it is I am juggling a job and we moved a couple months ago (so there have been several weeks of frenzied unpacking in prep for limited mobility).

I have not used meloxicam at all in the past 18 months.....so the pain progression has moved pretty quickly in the past few weeks. I have a new doctor because of new insurance. I am certain it will all be fine, however, I don’t really have a relationship with her, strangely. I came in 6 months ago knowing THR was coming. She agreed and said call us when you are ready. When I booked the surgery, I assumed they would take another X-ray and I would see the doc again. Nope it was the PA. That combined with a new hospital and a different approach has left me feeling less confident and less enthusiastic the past week or so. I am sure it will be fine. Just need to have an awesome outcome as an active 45 year old mom of 2, and not feeling it. Send lots of prayers to Texas!

Dr Cahill is very experienced, but ugh.....It feels weird to have a virtual stranger disassembling and reconstructing you. My past surgeries have always involved multiple visits with the doc. Even the 2 week check up is a Skype telemedicine visit. So weird!!!

I will check in on the other side-

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Toddlermom...Joining the double hippy club.:yahoo:
Bye bye right hip pain!
See you on the healing side!:ok:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Toddlermom I also moved between THRs and had a new surgeon and hospital. My second THR was a much better experience. I hope you find the same! We will be here for you again. All the best tomorrow!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Toddlermom
Wishing you the best tomorrow. I hope you're all ready, set, GO!
If you have time today, start your thread on the Recovery side.
May be easier than trying to do it post op and foggy brained. I'm sure you'll get well wishes over there also.
Will look forward to your first post.
Hugs

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Viv
Recent bookmarks