THR Tomorrow is surgery day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalita

Country
United States United States
Well, tomorrow is surgery! I chickened out of bilateral hip replacement and am now only having the really horrible (left hip) replaced. Too afraid of rehab due to corona virus so I will be coming straight home after surgery. Surgery may still be postponed due to the corona virus, but I sure hope not. I have been waiting such a long time. I just want to be getting better, not worse! Thanks to all on here who supported me. Getting nervous but really just anxious to get it done and get on the mend.

@Rosalita fingers crossed your surgery goes ahead tomorrow! A tough time to need surgery. Be sure and work with staff to get any post op pain managed well before you leave the hospital.

See you on the other side soon!

Hello @Rosalita
I sure hope your surgery isn’t canceled. It’s a good time for recovery since many are self quarantining anyway. All the best to you...will look forward to following your journey on the healing side.
Wishing you comfort as you wait. :)

Wishing you a successful surgery and recovery. :flwrysmile:

My hospital gave me the ice bags and inserts which I used in the hospital, to take home. I stayed overnight and I needed them for the ride home.

I hope your surgery happens and you can be home safe for recovery. I will think positive thoughts and hope to see your recovery posts soon. Remember to ice and elevate and listen to your body.

Wishing for you the very best tomorrow! I think you would have heard by now if they were canceling.. I sure hope I am right.
good to at least get one of those hips replaced.. :happydance:
Will look for you on the recovery side!!

Hello @Rosalita
I sure hope your surgery isn’t canceled. It’s a good time for recovery since many are self quarantining anyway. All the best to you...will look forward to following your journey on the healing side.
Wishing you comfort as you wait. :)
All a go for tomorrow. Thanks for your support Layla. Can't wait for this to be all over. Well, for the rehab part of it to start, anyway. I would rather be getting better during quarantine than getting worse so I am ready for surgery!

@Rosalita fingers crossed your surgery goes ahead tomorrow! A tough time to need surgery. Be sure and work with staff to get any post op pain managed well before you leave the hospital.

See you on the other side soon!
Thanks. Yes, I need to remember to get pain meds from them before I leave. I won't be able to get to a pharmacy so they said they could give them to me before I leave. Not sure what day but the sooner the better.

Wishing you a successful surgery and recovery. :flwrysmile:

My hospital gave me the ice bags and inserts which I used in the hospital, to take home. I stayed overnight and I needed them for the ride home.
Ice bags for the ride home sounds like a good idea. Don't know what inserts are but I have a feeling I am about to find out!:)

Wishing you a quick and easy surgery tomorrow and that your pain is well controlled. Keeping fingers crossed that you get sprung pretty quickly!

May you have a safe and uneventful surgery with pain well controlled. My husband and I were just commenting that it was good I had mine done last year because my hospital has canceled all elective surgeries this week. So glad yours is a go! We’ll see you on the healing side.

Congrats! I'm praying my surgery is not cancelled. I am in so my pain and I reluctantly look forward to getting it over with and start healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie